Puerto Rico's $1 Billion Deal Is the Big Kid on the Block
- Dade to vote on proposal to require uniforms. Boyd, Everett F. // Education Week;3/15/95, Vol. 14 Issue 25, p3
Reports on the Dade County, Florida school board's scheduled vote on a proposal that would allow schools in the district to wear uniforms. Arguments for and against proposal; Growing national trend toward wearing of uniforms; Other districts adopting uniforms.
- Puerto Rico, California Deals Will Test the Market's Appetite. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/06/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30969, p7
Reports on the Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's plans to sell over $1 billion in negotiated bonds on September 25, 2000. Success of the initial sale of revenue bonds by Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority; Factors cited by investors that can temper the pricing for the deal;...
- Comp law changed in cardiovascular case. // Occupational Hazards;May94, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p115
Reports on a workers' compensation case filed by Warren Zundell against the Dade County School Board. Background of the case; Implications of ruling.
- New Bonds, Oil Tax Planned to Boost Puerto Rico GDB and PRHTA. Slavin, Robert // Bondbuyer.com;10/31/2014, p27
The article reports on the plan by Puerto Rico to help its Highways and Transportation Authority (PRHTA) via oil tax increase and bond sale in 2014. Topics covered include the sources of funding for PRHTA, the introduction of a bill to increase total taxes on oil and the estimated value of bonds...
- Moody's Assigns Rating to AFI's $520 Million Special Tax Revenue Bonds. Teissonniere, Georgianne Ocasio // Caribbean Business;5/26/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned a Baa2 rating to the Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's Special Tax Revenue Bonds Series 2005A and 2005B. The announcement was preceded several days earlier by the downgrading of the Commonwealth's general...
- Puerto Rico's Latest Bond Plan Stirs Default Debate. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;10/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34199, p15
The article looks into the debate over the planned sale of the Puerto Rico Infrastructure Finance Authority (PRIFA) bond by the Puerto Rican government. Analysts raise concerns over the risk of defaults on Puerto Rican bonds with the approval of the Debt Enforcement and Recovery Act. The...
- Puerto Rico bonds default leads to downgrade. Lane, Sylvan // Hill;1/6/2016, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p12
The article reports on the decline on infrastructure bonds in Puerto Rico as of January 2016 following the million dollar interest rate defaulted by Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority.
- More than $1 billion in government bonds for development, deficit. Carmona, José L.; Márquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;6/16/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p10
The article discusses the author's conversation with Government Development Bank (GDB) president Juan Carlos Batlle regarding the issuance of more than one billion dollars in government bonds. The bonds will be used to drive economic development which will benefit schools, roads, and...
- Puerto Rico Weighs Oil Tax Bond Amendments. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/6/2015, Vol. 1, p44
The article discusses the planned amendments to the oil tax bond of Puerto Rico to attract more investors. Topics covered include the bond to be sold by the Puerto Rico Infrastructure Finance Authority to pay off the debt of the Puerto Rico Highways and Transportation Authority, the advantages...