THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE REPORT
- Arkansas Lawmakers to Consider Bond-Influencing Bills. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31041, p3
Reports on bond-influencing deals in Arkansas. Raising taxes at the state level; Retainment of public school teachers; Details of constitutional amendments proposed.
- Texas Lawmakers to Consider Bonds for Highways, Hospitals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31045, p36
Reports on a proposed bond legislation in Texas. Spending estimates for prisons and medical care; Payment of the state for highway construction; Effects of economic growth on entities providing health services to indigent and uninsured Texans.
- Rep. Bliley may cause delay to muni utility bond bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/02/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30675, p5
Reports on the proposed Bond Fairness and Protection Act bill in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Sale of tax-exempt bonds for distribution and transmission facilities.
- California bills would change school bonds' voting rules. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/10/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30537, p1
Reports that California legislators have introduced half-dozen major bond-related bills. Bond issues proposed; State general obligation park bond; Lowering of the voter threshold for local school bonds.
- La. lawmaker's bills take aim at LPFA student-loan bonds. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30613, p3
Reports on bills related to bonds in Louisiana as of April 6, 1999. Louisiana Public Facilities Authority's student-loan bonds; Pension obligation bonds; Debt referendum requirements.
- Camden's Past Is Present. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31804, p1
Reports on the selection of a broker-dealer fined by securities regulators and a firm which lacks security registration for revitalization bond issue of Camden regulation. Terms of the deal; Threat of managers to affect the Camden's progress for decades; Contribution of firm's chief executive...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;9/8/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31714, p32
Presents information on several legislation related to bonds and securities in the U.S. as of September 8, 2003. Status of Tax Cut and Economic Stimulus Plan of U.S. President George W. Bush administration; Provision under Municipal Debt Refinancing Act of 2003 and Public Power Debt Advance...
- Fulfilling obligations. Freeman, Lynn // American City & County;Nov2005, Vol. 120 Issue 12, p30
The article discusses the Rule 15c2-12 of the New York-based Securities and Exchange Commission which requires ongoing disclosures as long as bonds are outstanding. The rule requires municipal securities underwriters to review an official statement before purchasing, offering or selling...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p34
Presents a chart related to legislations related to bonds and the securities industry in the United States as of November 27, 2000.