Provena Health Plans Resale of Bonds to Avoid IRS Audit
- IRS probes bonds issued for Provena. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;08/07/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p14
Discusses the extension of the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) probe of healthcare acquisition financing deals to some of the bonds issued to launch Provena Health. Classification of the bonds; Background of Provena; Other healthcare systems whose bonds are under review.
- IRS Scrutiny of Provena Deal Expected to Affect Remarketing. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;08/02/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30945, p4
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's scrutiny of Provena Health's 1998 variable-rate acquisition financing bond deal. Effects of the investigation on the remarketing of the bonds; Purpose of the agency's probe into Provena.
- IRS Examining Provena Bonds. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p2
Reports on the examination of the bonds of Provena Health by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Illinois Authority Advances Health and Education Deals. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;9/12/2013, p4
The article focuses on the approval received by Illinois-based health system, Presence Health, for its plan to privately put up $215 million of bonds in a deal that restructures outstanding debt of the two Chicago, Illinois-area systems that joined in 2011 to form the new system. It cites the...
- Moody's Downgrades Provena. Daulerio, A.J. // Bond Buyer;7/24/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31434, p1
Reports the downgrade on the bond rating of Provena Health company by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in Frankfurt, Illinois. Effect of the bond rating on the insured outstanding debt; Reason for the downgrade of bond rating; Implementation of performance improvement plan by Provena Health.
- Provena receives nod to reissue bonds. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/16/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p48
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has approved the plans of Provena Health, a not-for-profit hospital system in Frankfort, Illinois, to reissue variable-rate bonds. Amount of bonds Provena will reissue; Savings expected by Provena from the reissue; Reasons the IRS...
- Provena Health Reaches Fine-Free Settlement With IRS. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/5/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31586, p4
Reports on the settlement reached by Illinois-based health system provider Provena Health with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) that ends an audit of $168 million in variable-rate bonds issued by the company. Terms of the settlement; Plans of Provena Health to redeem its bonds;...
- Moody's Downgrades Presence Health. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/9/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34122, p1
The article reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded the Presence Health, a Catholic health system based in Illinois, to Baa2, as of June 2014. Topics include the impact of the merger of Provena Health and Resurrection health Care, health centers of Chicago, Illinois, on the...
- Illinois'Presence Health Sets $215M Private Placement to Restructure Two Systems. SHIELDS, YVETTE // Bond Buyer;8/21/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33966, p8
The article focuses on a merger of two Illinois organizations Chicago-based Resurrection Health Care and Mokena-based Provena Health to establish the system Presence Health which has privately placed 215 million dollars of bonds in a deal to restructure the debt of the two systems. It states...