- FRA awards $15.3 million in local rail grants. // Traffic World;6/6/94, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the grants awarded by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) to local and regional freight railroads under the agency's Fiscal 1994 Local Rail Freight Assistance Program. Total amount of grants; Number of companies and states in the list; Number of applications received.
- City prepared to lobby Branstad for passenger rail. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;11/22/2010, Vol. 7 Issue 18, p10
The article reports on the plan of Iowa City, Iowa officials to advocate for passenger rail with the new administration of Incoming Governor Terry Branstad. It mentions an announcement regarding the 230 million dollars received by the Iowa and Illinois departments of transportation from the U.S....
- Studying the causes of driver distraction. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2012, Vol. 168 Issue 2, p71
The article reports on the grant worth 250,000 U.S. dollars awarded by the U.S. Federal Railroad Administration to commuter rail operator Veolia Transportation to fund a study into the causes of train driver distraction.
- California Submits Application for High-Speed Railroad Grant. // U.S. Rail News;10/7/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p3
The article reports that California has submitted its application for the 1.28 billion federal economic stimulus funds for a high-speed rail system. It notes that the application for the grant was set by the U.S. Federal Railroad Administration on October 2, 2009. Moreover, projects required for...
- HIGH-SPEED PASSENGER CORRIDORS. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p58
Provides information on the amount of grant planning money which various U.S. states and the U.S. Federal Railway Administration have spent in several federally designated high-speed corridors as of June 2004. Florida; California; Southeast.
- Pre-Applications Show Plans For High-Speed Rail Corridors. // U.S. Rail News;7/29/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the pre-applications grants received by the Federal Railroad Administration in the U.S. It notes that the pre-application requests will compete the 8 million dollars allocated under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for the High-Speed Intercity Passenger Rail...
- FRA Delays Schedule to Announce High-Speed Rail Grants to States. // U.S. Rail News;10/21/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the announcement of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) for its delayed schedule in awarding the high-speed rail grants due to numerous grant applications received from different states in the U.S. As to Joseph Szabo, FRA administrator, they will base their selection...
- Show Us the Money. Boyd, John D. // Traffic World;7/21/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 29, p27
The article reports that a pair of Iowa U.S. representatives want to open up federal loan program to fix flooded rail bridges in the Middle West (Midwest). It states that if successful, the legislation proposed by Representative Bruce Braley and Dave Loebsack would create a new disaster-area...
- FRA Requires New Bridge Standards With Big Fine Possible for Railroads. // U.S. Rail News;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p4
The article offers information on several topics related to railroad system in the U.S. It says that the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has announced a final rule which will oblige bridge owners or railroad companies to conduct annual inspections on its railroad bridges and its safe...