Roth Proposes Immediate Hike in Volume Cap, Credit
- New Bills May Block Tax-Credit Stripping. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;1/7/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33246, p1
The article reports on the impact on the legislation proposed by Senator Charles Grassley that would block the stripping and the selling of tax credits from three kinds of tax-credit bonds to the credit tax-credit stripping in the U.S. Accordingly, the ban could stifle stripping before it has...
- New Congress Sees Bond Bills, Including Mortgage Revenue Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p36
Reports on the proposed municipal bond-related bills introduced in the 107th Congress in the United States. Plans to issue more mortgage revenue debt; Lifting of restrictions for Indian tribes to sell tax-exempt debt.
- Michigan Bill Allows Pension Bonds For Localities That Shut Down Plans. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;6/20/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33734, p6
The article presents information on the U.S. Senate Bill 1129, under which local governments in Michigan would be able to issue municipal bonds to pay off their unfunded pension liabilities.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;03/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30602, p6
Lists several legislations affecting municipal bonds in the United States as of March 19, 1999. Includes private use bond restrictions on municipal electric utility; Airport Improvement Program; Flow control.
- Municipal bond and state and local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;12/17/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30790, p6
Reports on developments in United States legislative bills concerning municipal bonds and state and local finance as of December 17, 1999. Status of the proposed legislation; Comparison with existing laws.
- Senate Near Passing Tax Cut, But Bond Proposals Face Uncertainty. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/23/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31145, p1
Reports on the possible approval of an 11-year tax cut package that includes two tax-exempt bond measures. Efforts to encourage school construction by allowing the issuance of private-activity bonds and an easing of arbitrage restrictions; Congressional leaders' desire to reconcile the...
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30987, p8
Presents an update on the status of legislative bills pertinent to the municipal bond industry in the United States, as of October 2, 2000. Proposal to increase the cap on private-activity bond issuance; Allowance of public utilities to participate in a competitive electricity market without...
- 'Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/11/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30744, p33
Reports on legislative developments affecting the municipal bond market in the United States in the first week of October 1999. Tax-exempt bond provisions in the Congressional tax bill; Provisions of the Tax Reform Act of 1986.
- Bill Would Give Renewable Energy Credits to Muni Utilities. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, p6
Reports on a legislation to make renewable energy tax credits available to public power utilities. Provisions of the legislation; Possible impact of the legislation on companies; Types of companies to be affected by the legislation.