Housing Starts Up, Permits Down in Aug
- Housing Starts Up 6.9%; Permlts Down 3.7%. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;7/19/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33750, p2
The article reports that the housing starts rose by 6.9 percent to an annual rate of 760,000 in June 2012 whereas the building permits dropped by 3.7 percent to an annual rate of 755,000 in the U.S.
- Vital signs. // Builder: The Magazine of the National Association of Home Builde;Nov99, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p56
Reports on the volume of housing starts in the United States in September 1999. Drop in number of total building permits; 1.9 percent decline in single-family starts; Factors affecting housing starts.
- Housing starts rose, permits fell in Aug. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;09/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30729, p2
Reports on the number of housing starts and building permits issued in the United States, in August 1999. Importance as indicators of construction activity; Comparison with home start and building permit data from previous periods.
- Housing Starts Up 10.5%; Permits Increase 1.8%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;9/22/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33387, p2
The article reports on the increase in building permits and housing starts in the U.S. in August 2010.
- APPROVALS UP. Murrill, Maureen // BRW;8/3/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the increase in building approvals in Australia, for June 2001.
- Housing Starts Up 14.6% But Permits Slump 10.4%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33469, p2
The article reports that new housing starts increased by 14.6 percent to a seasonally adjusted 596,000 in the U.S. in January 2011, but building permits fell by 10.4 percent to a seasonally adjusted 562,000.
- Housing Starts Declined 1% in April. // American Banker;5/17/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 95, p12
Cites the decline in housing starts and building permits in the United States in April 2001.
- Housing Starts Rise in January. // Wood & Wood Products;Mar99, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p13
Deals with the trends in the housing industry in the United States. Rates of housing starts in January 1999; Annual rate of building permits; Amount spent by new home buyers for home furnishings in the first year after buying the house.
- Housing Starts Fall, Building Permits Flat. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;07/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30937, p2
Presents statistics pertaining to housing starts in the United States as of June 2000. Decline in new housing; Private housing starts; Building permits; Single-family housing starts.