NABL: No Law Bars Talking To Analysts
- Presley Steps to the Plate. Hume, Lynn; Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;09/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30979, p1
Reports on incoming National Association of Bond Lawyers President J. Hobson Presley Jr.'s plan to tackle thorny issues confronting the municipal market in the United States. Presley's call for the association to work with other groups to develop guidelines on information disclosure; Presley's...
- NABL Seeks Pension Consensus. Quigley, Joan // Bond Buyer;5/2/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33509, p1
The article reports on the move of National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) of initiating pension-disclosure agreement in the U.S. It notes that NABL plans to lead a pension-disclosure project among key players in the municipal market including accounting firms, financial analysts, and...
- Bond lawyers back voluntary release. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/02/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p48
Presents guidelines issued by the National Association of Bond Lawyers for voluntarily releasing financial information by hospitals in the United States. Benefits of the guidelines; Ways to improve investor relationships.
- NABL Reaffirms Opinion. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/18/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31574, p1
Reports that National Association of Bond Lawyers has reaffirmed its support for the use of unqualified bond opinions in the municipal market. Modifications in the basis under which a bond lawyer can conclude that one can render an unqualified opinion; Explanation of bond opinions.
- NABL Gets Mixed Views. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p1
Reports on the National Association of Bond Lawyers' (NABL) review of its current model bond opinion and whether the opinion should be changed. Mixed views of issuer officials in the United States; Meeting between NABL officials and representatives of several major market groups; Opinion of...
- Buy-Side Players Stress Importance of Routine Disclosure. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p6
Emphasizes the need to maintain routine and adequate financial disclosures in economic hard times. Prescribed time interval for providing disclosures for short-term bonds; Significance of the insurance of bonds; Impact of consolidation in financial industry on the disclosures.
- Bond lawyers group dislikes N.J. court's proposed Opinion 33. Hoffman, David; Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30531, p1
Reports on the objections of the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) against a proposal prohibiting out-of-state lawyers from acting as bond counsels in New Jersey known as Opinion 33. NABL's filing of a petition before the Supreme Court; Implications of the proposal on the bond market...
- NABL should champion a disclosure rule, not fight it. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30526, p34
Opinion. Discusses the political contributions that public finance lawyers make to officials of municipal bond issuers in the United States. Call for the National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) to create a system to provide disclosure rules; Provisions under the proposed mandatory...
- Lawyers shift their attitudes on electronic disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30732, p27
Reports on the issues related to the use of electronic disclosure in the American municipal bond market addressed during a panel discussion at the National Association of Bond Lawyers' annual `Bond Attorney's Workshop.' Popularity of electronic disclosure among bond issuers; Factors contributing...