Miami-Dade, Gary File Briefs, Expect Ruling Within 10 Days
- Miami-Dade Wins Round One Against Howard Gary & Co. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/28/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30985, p6
Reports on Howard Gary & Co.'s protest against Miami-Dade County's contracting procedures. Rules affecting securities dealers; Exclusion of the company from a pool of underwriters.
- As Howard Gary Prepares for Trial, Is Another Suit Looming? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p1
Reports on the lawsuit that will be filed by Miami underwriter Howard Gary claiming his firm Howard Gary & Co. was improperly denied the opportunity to perform underwriting duties. Exclusion of the firm from the Miami-Dade County bond syndicate.
- UNDERWRITERS & DEALERS. // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p32
Presents charts related to bond underwriters and dealers in the United States.
- Gary shares $431 million bond deal. Colon, Ileana; Edmond Jr., Alfred // Black Enterprise;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p18
Informs that Howard Gary & Co., joined Smith Barney Shearson Inc. to complete one of the nation's largest bond transactions managed equally by a majority-minority partnership. Details of the transaction, which closed in February 1994; Black-owned firms.
- Gary Fires Off Another Lawsuit, This Time at Miami-Dade. Preston, Darrell; Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;06/21/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30917, p5
Reports that Howard Gary & Co. has filed a lawsuit over its exclusion from a Miami-Dade County bond deal in Florida. Efforts of the company in clearing its name and rebuilding its business after its founder gained national attention for cooperating with a federal investigation; Overview on the...
- Broward County, Fla., Votes to Drop Howard Gary & Co. From Syndicate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;07/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30932, p3
Reports that commissioners from Broward County, Florida have voted to remove Howard Gary & Co. from the underwriting syndicate for an upcoming airport bond issue. Commissioners' decision to replace the firm with two other minority-owned underwriters at a meeting held July 11, 2000; Reasons why...
- Grigsby, Former Colleagues Face New Lawsuit From Gary. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;09/05/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30968, p1
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Howard Gary & Co. against 15 individuals and firms charging securities fraud. Connection to Miami-Dade County Commissioner James Burke's bribery conviction.
- Howard Gary Accuses Miami-Dade County of Discrimination. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p36
Reports on Miami, Florida-based Howard Gary & Co.'s claim that Miami-Dade county has used discriminatory methods to keep the firm out of the selection process for the county's new underwriting pool. Alleged removal of minority preference points in the county's selection criteria; Howard Gary's...
- Corporate bond underwriting drops. S. E. L. // Private Placement Letter;3/15/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the decline of corporate bond underwriting in the U.S. in February 2004. Report from the Securities Industry Association.