And Then There Were Three
- Wachovia Buys 3 Insurance Agencies. Gjertsen, Lee Ann // American Banker;11/16/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 221, p20
Reports the purchase of three insurance agencies by Wachovia Corp. Acquisition of Crawford, Slevin & Hicks; Increase in the projected yearend revenue; Purchase of Rhodes of Hawthorne and Olympic Insurance Associates of Iselin.
- Wachovia on Valuation: Let's Reevaluate This. Boraks, David // American Banker;5/6/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 86, p9
Reports the concern of Wachovia Corp. chief financial officer Robert Kelly regarding the valuation of the company. Changes in the merging accounting rules; Impact to the income and valuations of a company; Need to educate investors related to the modified rules.
- Wachovia Seeks Minority Suppliers for Site. Ptacek, Megan J. // American Banker;3/21/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 55, p13
Reveals that Wachovia Corp. is recruiting small businesses owned by women or minorities a suppliers for the business-to-business marketplace it has set up for its own procurement. Promotion of the program called the Diversity-to-Business eCommerce initiative; Availability of online catalogue to...
- Company Profiles. // United States Commercial Banking Report;Q3 2009, p39
The article profiles several U.S. companies including Bank of America Corp., Wachovia Corp., and Wells Fargo & Co. More than 4mn small businesses are supported by Bank of America by way of a suite of online products and services. Retail and commercial banking are operated by Wachovia in 21...
- Longer Hours in Wachovia's D.C. Branches. Boraks, David // American Banker;3/10/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 47, p20
States Wachovia Corp. will offer extended weekday and weekend hours at some branches in Washington, D.C. Details of the plan that begins April 30; The number of branches involved.
- NJBIZ Scene. // njbiz;5/30/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p18
Presents an update on the business sector in New Jersey as of May 30, 2005. Award received by Wachovia from the Association of Fund Raising Professionals; Recognition given by the New Jersey Primary Care Association to health advocates during the celebration of the National Women's Health Week;...
- Pru's pull vanishing with its brokers. Elstein, Aaron // Crain's New York Business;7/14/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p3
In the beginning of June 2003 Prudential Financial Inc. formally handed over control of its 4,000 retail stockbrokers to Wachovia Corp. Now, its chances of remaining a major player on Wall Street are about the same as Martha Stewart's odds of ringing the opening bell again on the New York Stock...
- AT DEADLINE. // Crain's New York Business;12/22/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p1
The article presents news items related to various enterprises in New York, for the week ending December 28, 2003. Wireless communication company Nokia Corp. is shopping for a midtown location for a new corporate office it plans to establish next year. SCS Energy received initial approval for...
- Wachovia to Trim Branches. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/8/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p2
The article reports on the decision of Wachovia Corp. to sell more than 100 vacant branches to a real estate company in a deal that could generate more than $150 million. The bank has sold 39 branches to American Realty Capital Trust Inc. for about $53 million, according to a spokesman for the...