Legg Mason's Converso Makes a Move Crosstown to Ferris Baker
- Ferris Baker sets muni finance role with high-profile manager. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;09/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30480, p30
Describes Washington D.C.-based Ferris Baker Watts Inc. and its success in municipal underwriting in the mid-Atlantic region. Management by Adrian G. Teel, senior vice president and manager of public finance; Company's growth and acquisition; Dominant position in Maryland, according to Larry...
- Stock brokerage soon spreading to downtown. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p17
Reports that stock brokerage Ferris Baker Watts Inc. is planning to open an office in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Initial number of brokers who will staff the stock brokerage; Intended purpose of the company for opening a downtown office; Efforts of Ferris Baker in recruiting brokers from larger...
- Ferris, Baker Watts Expands. // On Wall Street;Jul2000, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p17
Reports that Ferris, Baker Watts Inc. is expanding into the Midwest and plans to add offices and brokers in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. Selection of Robert Michelotti to manage the expansion efforts; Other plans of the company.
- Raymond James brokers leave for rival's downtown office. Merx, Katie // Crain's Detroit Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the departure of three Raymond James & Associates Inc. retail securities brokers in Detroit, Michigan to join the local office of Ferris Baker Watts Inc. Reasons of the brokers for joining Ferris; Raymond's reaction to the employee departures.
- Reeves Retires From Ferris, Baker Watts. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p7
Announces the retirement of Robert T. Reeves as head of training, underwriting, and sales at Washington, D.C.-based Ferris, Baker Watts Inc. Reeves' entry into Ferris in 1970; Career history.
- Roundup: ICNB Adds Market Maker. // National Mortgage News;9/4/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 47, p18
The article provides information related to the mortgage loan services. ICNB Financial Corp. has included investment banking firm of Ferris Baker Watts Inc. as market maker in the company's stock. Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded five classed of the Long Beach Mortgage Loan Trust series 2002-1...
- Junior beat. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/22/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 15, p11
Reports on news from the apparel industry in the United States as of July 22, 1999. Plan of sportswear company Hot Kiss to introduce an extensive marketing and licensing campaign; Stocks rated by investment group Ferris Baker Watts as long-term winners.
- Sifting for Clues to Spot Future Sellers. Osuri, Laura Thompson // American Banker;8/11/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 154, p1
Focuses on a new report from the Baltimore investment bank Ferris, Baker Watts Inc. that aims to eliminate the guesswork from determining which bank will be the next to sell. Signs that a bank is preparing to sell; Comments from Henry Coffey, an analyst at Ferris Baker Watts, on the rationale...
- 5 QUESTIONS. Vaughan, Patrick J. // On Wall Street;Dec2005, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p22
The article presents an interview with Patrick J. Vaughan, executive vice president, director of retail sales at Ferris, Baker Watts. He talks about the company's plan of expanding the number of its brokers. When asked about the effect of the securities industry's focus on regulation and...