Fitch: New Federal Law Means Higher Hospital Costs
- HIPAA rules finally published, affecting all. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jan2001, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p7
Discusses the privacy provisions of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Areas not addressed in HIPAA; View of critics of HIPAA; Penalties for intentionally violating the regulation.
- An analysis of the regulations interpreting and applying the Health Insurance Portability and... Trucker, Lee A. // Employee Benefits Journal;Sep97, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p32
Examines key aspects of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 affecting health care plans. Background to the establishment of the law; Preexisting conditions contained in the law; Creditable coverage; Special enrollment periods; Nondiscrimination in eligibility and...
- Insurance reform bill to come up for Senate action after April 15. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the US Senate's debate over the Health Insurance Reform Act which aims to reform health insurance portability laws. Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee's approval on the bipartisan bill; Provisions under the bill; Arguments of the Health Insurance Association of America...
- What price patient privacy? Perry, Philip A. // Materials Management in Health Care;Mar2001, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the cost of complying with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act in the United States. Hospitals' acquisition of electronic systems to protect patient records. INSET: HIPAA basics.
- HIPAA Is Next IT Battle For Health Industry. D'Allegro, Joseph // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p13
Focuses on the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act in the United States. Expected benefit of the regulation; Impact of the law on the health industry's information technology.
- The Law of Unintended Consequences: HIPAA and Liability Insurers. Antognini, Richard L. // Defense Counsel Journal;Jul2002, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p296
Deals with the impact of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 on insurance claims in general and health claims in particular in the U.S. Origins of the regulations; Key definitions; Implications of definitions; Impact of the regulation on claims handling and civil...
- Q&A: Is There Help for HIPAA Headaches? Hartsfield, Shannon B. // Health Management Technology;May2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p12
Answers several questions relating to the privacy rules of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act in the United States. Requirements of the privacy rules on covered entities; How to comply with the privacy rules; Benefits of the privacy rules on business enterprises.
- HIPAA Is Coming, But Is the Sky Falling? Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Apr2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p26
Comments on the implementation of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 in the United States. Views on the problem of implementing administrative simplification provisions of the Act; Components of the administrative simplification provisions of the Act; Conclusion.
- Standardizing medical data. de Graffenried Ruffin Jr., Marshall // Physician Executive;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p61
Focuses on the importance of the 1996 Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act to the standardization of health insurance data in the United States. Key provisions of the legislation as it applies to information requirements; Goal of standardizing transactional data; Use of unique...