Consensus on NY Transport Budget Plan
- Gov. Pataki Under Fire. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p1
Reports the accusations raised against the fiscal record of Governor George E. Pataki in New York. Plans of Pataki to file a third term candidacy in the general election; Failure of Pataki to enact meaningful debt reform; Contribution of Pataki to the debt reform initiatives.
- Guv candidates work to ignore budget pain. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p1
Reports the strategy of New York Governor George Pataki in ignoring budget gap in the city. Assessment on tax increase; .
- N.Y. bankers hail new governor's budget. Epstein, Jonathan D. // American Banker;2/7/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 25, p8
Reports on the favorable reaction by New York state's bankers on Governor George Pataki's budget proposals. Remarks by John Pritchard, executive director of the New York State Independent Bankers Association; 1993 lost jobs in New York; 1994 nationwide employment growth; General fund budget...
- City wheel needs to squeak louder to get its share of grease from state. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;03/02/98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p9
Opinion. Comments on the 1998 budget of New York State Governor George Pataki. Public response to the 8.5 percent increase in spending proposed by Governor Pataki; Perception that the governor does not believe city voters and their concerns are essential ingredients in his re-election;...
- Pataki's budget cuts sail past roadblocks. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;3/20/95, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the likelihood of the approval of New York State Governor George Pataki's $5 billion budget cuts. Expected revenues for 1995; Stance of Democrats.
- Pataki proposes reserve fund to close gaps. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/18/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30333, p3
Reports on New York Governor George Pataki's proposal to create a Debt Reduction Reserve Fund in the fiscal 1999 to close the state's out-year budget gaps. Budget planned for upstate counties damaged by ice storms in January 1998; Reductions in the state's spending for 1999.
- The charisma miasma. Jordan // Business Journal (Central New York);10/01/99, Vol. 13 Issue 39, p24
Comments on New York Governor George Pataki's stance on the budget. Causes of delays in the state legislature's deliberation on the budget; Reasons for Pataki's change of position on the budget; Measurement of government spending under the state budget; Political aspects of the budget-making...
- The party's over. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;4/7/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p10
Reports on the move made by the Greater New York Hospital Association (GNYHA) and Local 1199 of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) to go against the proposed budget of New York State Governor George E. Pataki. Description of advertising campaign against Pataki's proposed budget;...
- Pataki's budgetary end-around. Duby, Christopher Y. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the ability of New York State Governor George Pataki to get the budget passed by April 1, 1995. Budget scheduling problems; Options to salvage his budget promise; Relationship between legislators and their house and senate leaders; Pressure from public officials.