25-Year-Old Man With Flank Pain, Hematuria, and Proteinuria
- Effects of continuous and intermittent trainings on exercise-induced hematuria and proteinuria in untrained adult females. Mousavi, Mojgan; Sanavi, Suzan; Afshar, Reza // NDT Plus;Jun2011, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p217
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the effects of continuous and intermittent trainings on exercise-induced hematuria and proteinuria in untrained adult females.
- CT urography and hematuria: a retrospective analysis of 771 patients undergoing CT urography over a 1-year period. Bretlau, Thomas; Hansen, Rasmus H; Thomsen, Henrik S // Acta Radiologica;Jul2015, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p890
The article focuses on a retrospective analysis which investigates the use of computed tomography (CT) urography for treatment of patients suffering from hematuria. Topics discussed include the observing the impact of CT urography on a consecutive group of patients with hematuria with a low dose...
- Hematuria following kidney tumorectomy: can it hide an arteriovenous fistula? Pavan, Nicola; Liguori, Giovanni; Vedovo, Francesca; Bucci, Stefano; Bertolotto, Michele; Trombetta, Carlo // Urologia;Jul-Sep2015, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p191
We present the case and radiologic images of a 64-year-old man who presented with gross hematuria and fever 2 months after undergoing retroperitoneal partial nephrectomy for a 4.7 Ã— 4.6 cm papillary renal cell carcinoma. Angio- TC demonstrated an aneurysmatic dilatation of the anterior...
- Renal biopsy findings and clinical indicators of patients with hematuria without overt proteinuria. Hoshino, Yoshie; Kaga, Toshie; Abe, Yasutomo; Endo, Mariko; Wakai, Sachiko; Tsuchiya, Ken; Nitta, Kosaku // Clinical & Experimental Nephrology;Oct2015, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p918
Background: Whether to perform a renal biopsy for isolated hematuria remains a matter of controversy. We performed renal biopsy in hematuria without overt proteinuria patients and reported the proportion of glomerulonephritis, pathological activities, and statistical analysis of indicators...
- Decreased serum interleukin 27 in Brazilian systemic lupus erythematosus patients. Duarte, Angela; Dantas, Andréa; Ataíde Mariz, Henrique; Santos, Flaviana; Silva, Juliana; Rocha, Laurindo; Galdino, Suely; Galdino da Rocha Pitta, Maira // Molecular Biology Reports;Aug2013, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p4889
The immunological role of interleukin 27 has been reported in various inflammatory diseases, but its importance in systemic lupus erythematosus pathogenesis is not completely established. The aim of this study was to evaluate serum levels of IL-27 in SLE patients and its correlation with...
- Conga drummer's hematuria. R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;12/20/95, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p53
Presents a method of treatment of hematuria.
- How does hemodiafiltration improve survival? Mann, Johannes F // Kidney International;Dec2013, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p1287
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Physical finding of nutcracker phenomenon," by T. Matsubara, O. Ogawa, and M. Yanagita in the 2013 issue.
- Gross Hematuria in a Young Iraqi Man. Mackowiak, Philip A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/15/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p1144
A quiz concerning the condition of a 28-year-old Iraqi man with 4-week history of gross hematuria is presented.
- Idiopathic Focal Performance Nephritis Associated with Persistent Hematuria and Normal Renal Function. Rapoport, Abraham; Davidson, Derek A.; Deveber, George A.; Ranking, Gerald N.; Mclean, Chester R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Dec70, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p921
Describes the cases of several patients with active urinary sediments that have persisted without significant deterioration in renal function. Clinical features of patients who presented with sore throat or gross hematuria; Causes of urinary red cell and hemoglobin casts; Characteristics of...