Review: Custom-made foot orthoses are effective for some types of foot pain
- Patients with active rheumatoid arthritis but only few tender and swollen joints: a subgroup with impaired short term outcome. Fiehn, C.; Kessler, S.; Drexler, W.; Lorenz, H. // Rheumatology International;Apr2009, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p655
The disease activity score of 28 joints (DAS28) is now commonly used for the guidance of treatment decisions in rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The goal of this work was to determine whether patients with DAS28 > 3.2 but less than 2 swollen and 2 tender joints respond differently to treatment than...
- Measures of outcome in patients with inflammatory arthritis. Palmer, Deborah; El Miedany, Yasser // British Journal of Nursing;9/11/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p1052
Background: Musculoskeletal disorders account for 15-20% of general practitioner (GP) consultations and cause significant morbidity and disability. Although rheumatology nursing is regarded as a partnership between the practitioner and patient, it remains a relatively tough task to generate a...
- arthritis the good news. Cook, Kerry; March, Lyn // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Jul2003, SPECIAL SECTION p1
Provides information on arthritis. Forms; Cause of osteoarthritis; Number of Australians who suffer from rheumatoid arthritis; Importance of diet and exercise; Ways to reduce or eliminate pain and swelling.
- Effective pain management for patients with arthritis. Oliver, Susan; Ryan, Sarah // Nursing Standard;8/25/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p43
Presents an overview of pain management for patients with osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Characteristics and symptoms of OA and RA; Different effect of pain depending on a range of physical, social and psychological factors; List of joints affectded by OA.
- Meridian-sinew release therapy for the treatment of refractory rheumatoid arthritis. Zhihuang Chen; Song Wei; Jian Liu; Weifeng Sun; Dandan He; Jing Guo // International Journal of Clinical & Experimental Medicine;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p8485
Objective: To evaluate the efficacy and safety of Meridian-sinew Release therapy in Chinese patients with refractory active Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). Summary of Background Data: Few studies focused on the effect of combination of Meridian-sinew Release therapy and Methotrexate (MTX) on...
- Meloxicam. // AHFS Consumer Medication Information;Sep2016, p1
Meloxicam is used to relieve pain, tenderness, swelling, and stiffness caused by osteoarthritis (arthritis caused by a breakdown of the lining of the joints) and rheumatoid arthritis (arthritis caused by swelling of the lining of the joints). Meloxicam is also used to relieve the pain,...
- Studies on the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Joint Inflammation: The 'R.A. Cell' and a Working Hypothesis. Hollander, Joseph Lee; McCarty Jr., Daniel J.; Astorga, Gonzalo; Castro-Murillo, Eduardo // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb65, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p271
Focuses on studies on the pathogenesis of rheumatoid joint inflammation. Demonstration of rheumatoid factor in rheumatoid arthritis cells; Release of rheumatoid factor from fractured synovial fluid cells; Paradoxical predominance of polymorphonuclear leukocytes in rheumatoid synovial fluid.
- CONTINUING NURSING EDUCATION TEST. // Johns Hopkins Advanced Studies in Nursing;2008, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p53
A quiz concerning the Rheumatoid Arthritis is presented.
- CLASSIFICATION OF DISEASES OF JOINTS AND RELATED STRUCTURES. // Annals of Internal Medicine;May62 Part 2, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p4
Deals with the classification of diseases of joints and related structures. Diagnostic categories for rheumatoid arthritis; Symptoms considered for classification.