Fabric of society
- Horsehair Revival. // Architectural Digest;Feb99, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p252
Features the horsehair fabrics designed by Candia Lutens and Paul Peterson for John Boyd Textile company. Comments from Anna Smith, managing director of the company.
- Historic horsehair weaving site earns welcome reprieve. Ellis, Sian // Farmers Weekly;4/5/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 14, following p104
Provides information on John Boyd Textiles Ltd., the only horsehair weaver in Great Britain. Number of people employed; Significance of the Education Act of 1870; Cost of horsehair fabric.
- Milling around with royalty. // Cabinet Maker;1/4/2001, Issue 5268, p29
Reports on the Duke of Gloucester's visit to the Somerset, England mills of the textile firm, John Boyd Textile.
- PRODUCTS. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2010, Issue 5700, p27
The article evaluates several furniture including the Coral chair by Ton Haas, the woven wood blinds from Sunway Blinds, and the woven from John Boyd Textiles Ltd.
- MACROSCOPIC VISION. Busta, Hallie // Architect;Sep2014, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p102
The article reviews multiple finishes for textiles and other surfaces from companies including John Boyd Textiles, Wolf-Gordon, and 3form.
- Bang Your Horse's Tail. Klimesh, Richard; Hill, Cherry // Horse & Rider;Jul2000, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p35
Suggests steps on how to trim a horse's tail.
- Lights On. McCall, Cindy A. // Horse & Rider;Sep2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p62
Presents advice on the use of artificial lights in maintaining horsehair.
- BATTLING BOTS. Barakat, Christine; Freckleton, Melinda // Equus;Oct2015, Issue 457, p18
This article discusses how to deal with bots, a term for the eggs, larvae and adult stages of the Gasterophilus genus of parasitic flies.stages of Gasterophilus genus of parasitic flies, which get stuck to horses' foreleg hair during autumn season.
- Neat Mane, No Pain! Green, Lori // Practical Horseman;Sep2001, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p94
Offers tips on how to produce a horse's mane that looks and braids as if it has been pulled.