M&S rise fails to save Salisbury
- Knickers in a twist? Perrin, Sarah // Accountancy;Jul99, Vol. 124 Issue 1271, p28
This article focuses on the company Marks &Spencer PLC (M&S) incurring losses of late. Chief executive Peter Salisbury explains the reason for this saying that as the store sizes increased and the food ranges grew the company was careless in updating its buying in response to the globalisation...
- The ins and outs of M&S. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);4/8/2009, p16
The article focuses on the issues underpinning the rumor on the exit of Stuart Rose, head of Marks & Spencer Group PLC (M&S) in Great Britain. It states that Rose will step down from his position long before the mid-2011 deadline. It notes that city investors and local authority pension fund...
- M&S to appoint international supply chain chief. Russell, Michelle // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);12/7/2014, p1
A reprint of the article "M&S to appoint international supply chain chief" by Michelle Russell, which appeared in the online resource' December 4, 2014 issue is presented.
- If I had to start again... Greenbury, Richard // Management Today;Sep2001, p28
Highlights the views of Richard Greenbury, former chairman and chief executive officer of Marks & Spencer (M&S), on his alternative career if he had not pursued business. Dream of becoming a professional football player; Lack of opportunity to go to university; Pride in employment at M&S;...
- ROGER HOLMES. Blackhurst, Chris // Management Today;Sep2003, p72
Marks & Spencer PLC's boss may lack the bluster of a natural born retailer, but he has brought healthy profits and a sharper image for the venerable chain. Roger Holmes, the chief executive of Marks & Spencer, is in charge, has been for a year, and the company he is running today is increasingly...
- My Week... by Baron Stuart Rose. Tush, Bill // Grocer;10/17/2015, p77
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working as chief executive officer (CEO) of retail chain Marks & Spencer.
- M&S 'held talks' with easyJet's McCall over chief executive post. Whyte, Patrick // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/21/2016, p24
The article reports that EasyJet's Carolyn McCall was reportedly approached by clothing and food retailer Marks and Spencer PLC to take over as chief executive, according to television station Sky News.
- Marc Bolland to leave M&S. // Marketing (00253650);2/1/2016, p1
The article mentions the retirement of Marc Bolland as chief executive officer (CEO) at retailer Marks and Spencer (M & S).
- SCOTLAND. // Art Monthly;Apr2007, Issue 305, p13
The article reports on the resignation of Graham Berry as chief executive officer of the Scottish Arts Council.