Retailers must ensure safety of products
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;7/5/2002, Issue 5294, p3
Presents news briefs on the furniture industry, as of July 15, 2002. Plans of Ikea for a distribution center in Suffolk County, New York; Store of Dreams in Essex, England; Rule on the import of Indonesian logs in Malaysia.
- Pesticides proposal kills Delaney but cuts use, adds requirements. Begley, Ronald // Chemical Week;9/29/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p9
Reports on the effects of the President Bill Clinton administration's pesticides proposals to the industry requirements for providing product safety. Additional powers to the federal agencies to move against pesticides suspected of posing risk to consumers; Government's eliminations for...
- Product safety directive. // Accountancy;Oct89, Vol. 104 Issue 1154, p44
Reports on the British Department of Trade & Industry's publication of a consultative document on a European Commission directive prohibiting the supply of unsafe products.
- Winter warning: Clean humidifiers.... // Child Health Alert;Jan1993, Vol. 11, p3
Cites the importance of regular cleaning of humidifiers, as suggested by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in the CPSC Safety News March, 1992 issue. Accumulation of various bacteria molds in uncleaned humidifiers; Airborne bacteria as cause of respiratory problems;...
- SGS Announces Updated List of European Standards under General Product Safety Directive. // Sensors;2/27/2015, p51
The article offers information on the updated list of European standards under the General Product Safety Directive (GPSD) released by multinational company SGS SA, a provider of inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
- Consumer goods imports are eased further. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p11
Reports on India's addition of 32 items to its lists of free importable goods and 33 items to its lists of importable goods requiring special import licenses.
- 4 TRADE INDICATORS: IMPORTS INTO CHINA: 4.1 INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGY. // China Economic Studies;2007, p195
The article discusses a report published within the issue which is a summary of import categories of most importance to China.
- Forbidden Fruit. Karp, David // Gourmet;Jan2000, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p22
Describes the pitahaya fruit in Central America. Information on the fruit; Other locations where pitahaya is grown; Importation restrictions of the fruit.
- Retailers seeking Mexican concessions on origin rule as part of loan package. Barrett, Joyce // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/17/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 10, p18
Reports on American retailers' call for a change in Mexico's certificate of origin rules which require that the original documentation accompany imports coming into Mexico via a third country. Problem encountered by retailers in the United States arising from the regulation; Failure of attempts...