JC virus infects the enteric glia of patients with chronic idiopathic intestinal pseudo-obstruction
- Endoscopic excision of a gastric polyp causing intermittent pyloric obstruction in a dog. Tappin, S. W.; Brissot, H. // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;9/26/2009, Vol. 165 Issue 13, p379
The article presents a study on endoscopic excision of a gastric polyp, which reportedly caused intermittent pyloric obstruction in a dog. It is noted that gastric polyps have been uncommon in dogs, however, they are occasionally seen when endoscopy is made on the upper gastrointestinal tract....
- Chronic intestinal pseudo- obstruction: how important is JC virus infection? Lindberg, Greger // Gut;Jan2009, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p2
The author reflects on the role of John Cunningham (JC) virus, a DNA virus that belongs to the family of polyomaviruses, in the pathogenesis of chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction (CIP). The author relates that JC virus is the causative agent in progressive multifocal leucoencephalopathy...
- Occlusive intraluminal hematoma. Zangan, Steven M.; Yousefzedah, David K. // Pediatric Radiology;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p564
We report an unusual case of a 10-month-old girl who developed partial small-bowel obstruction caused by an intraluminal hematoma within the terminal ileum. Passage of bright red blood through her rectum prompted radiologic evaluation with computed tomography, barium enema, and ultrasound. These...
- The last page. Hazzi, Charles G. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1985, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p1024
Provides questions and answers relating to internal medicine.
- ABSTRACTS FOR GASTROENTEROLOGISTS. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct1965, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p385
Presents several abstracts of studies about gastroenterology. "Diagnosis Experiences With 1,000 Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeders," by Eddy D. Palmer; "Treatment of Advanced Carcinoma of the Sigmoid and Rectum," by John H. Remington; "Colonoscopy-Current Status," by Guy L. Kratzer.
- Announcements. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Sep1996, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p1878
Provides information on several congresses and conventions concerning gastroenterology in the U.S. 22nd Annual Topics in Gastroenterology and Liver Disease in Baltimore, Maryland on October 2 to 4, 1996; 2nd Annual Southeastern Gastroenterology Symposium in Savannah, Georgia on October 5 to 6,...
- Announcements. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Dec1994, Vol. 89 Issue 12, p2287
Presents a calendar of events related to gastroenterology.
- Question of the Month: Gastroenterology. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan70, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p72
Presents a question related to gastroenterology.
- Editors' Comments. Talley, Nicholas; Richter, Joel E.; Achkar, Edgar // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2004, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p1411
Comments on the impact of the debate about the gastrointestinal (GI) match published in the January 2004 issue of the "American Journal of Gastroenterology" in the U.S. Explanation of Pardi on the dangers in the pursue of the present system; Provision of a comprehensive review of the GI match...