Trio take the reins
- Ineffective non-exec directors cited as factor in bank crisis. Brockett, James // People Management;2/26/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses highlights of a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) roundtable debate, titled "Picking up the pieces," held in London, England. Human resources (HR) professionals at the event pointed out that the perceived failure of non-executive directors to question...
- Managing talent in a new age. // People Management;Oct2011, p56
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Developmen (CIPD) Talent Management Conference to be held in October 2011 in Great Britain.
- Executive apathy on social media is holding organisations back. // e.learning age;Apr2013, p6
The article focuses on the results of a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) study on social media which suggests that organisations seeking to rebuild trust and establish cultures of openness, collaboration and innovation are held back by executive apathy on social media.
- A clear guide. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;3/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p63
Presents information on the launch of a certificate program in coaching and mentoring by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Emphasis given to performance improvement and development of the coaching ability of managers; Features of the program; Benefits of the program.
- Employee voice 'critical' to boosting engagement. // People Management;11/25/2010, p14
The article reports that sessions on employee engagement were featured at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Conference and Exhibition that was held in Manchester, England from November 9 to 11, 2010. RSA Insurance Group plc human resource (HR) director for...
- McDonald's Fairhurst to chair People 1st. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/21/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4591, p6
The article announces the appointment of David Fairhurst as chairman of People 1st, the Sector Skills Council for hospitality.
- CIPD issues reward code to tackle executive pay. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;9/10/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p6
The article focuses on the new guidelines unveiled by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development concerning the coverage of executive pay in Great Britain. Reward experts have written ten principles to aid human resource directors in developing well-grounded remuneration practices....
- Culture vultures don't wing it. Sparrow, Stephanie // Training & Coaching Today;Mar2008, p16
This article discusses the establishment of coaching culture with an organization. Coaching culture is a phrase that describes an environment where coaching is the norm for individuals, teams and the whole organization. However, this desire can lead to ill-targeted spending and effort, according...
- Top job. Handley, Keith // Personnel Today;1/28/2003, p28
Interviews vice president for diversity Keith Handley at Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. Job responsibilities of Handley; Career profile of Handley; Best thing about human resource management.