HOW TOâ€¦communicate through a crisis
- Mind GAMES? Furness, Victoria // Employee Benefits;Nov2008, p44
The article reports that while the psychological contract had been steadily moving towards employees in the past, the emergence of a recession is likely to shift the balance towards employers. It is explained that workers are less likely to be thinking of transferring to another job and they...
- Industry's New Asset: Its Own Men. // Saturday Evening Post;11/29/1947, Vol. 220 Issue 22, p140
The author reflects on the plan of the U.S. government to improve labor relations in the industries in the country. The increasing willingness of employers and workers to share information of mutual interest and concern is one of the most promising things about positive action. The determination...
- Engage And Motivate WITH GENY. Fernandez, Phil // Instyle;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p167
The article focuses on the facets of communication between beauty salon managers and staff who learn best through experience, doing, and being involved. It suggests managers to have passionate, creative, and engaging communication with their staff. It recommends them to use their personal...
- 'Private' e-mail? Remind your employee that there's no such thing! // HR Specialist: Employment Law;May2011, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p2
The article reports that employers should clarify to their employees regarding the company's rights and policies to review and monitor all electronic communication.
- Cost-cutting can wind up being expensive. van Buskirk, Laurel A. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p27
The article discusses legal consideration on business cost-cutting. With the current economic crisis, employers are finding ways to cut expenditures. Many measures have done harm than good to employers. Common mistakes of employers are discussed, including hiring underqualified managers, failure...
- WORKPLACE DIMENSION ADAPTATION TO WORKER AS ONE OF TOOLS FOR INCREASING HUMAN WORK EFFECTIVENESS. HATIAR, Karol; CAGANOVA, Dagmar // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p1703
Meaning of human work effectiveness increases in recent globalfinancial crisis. An important tool of this tendency adaptation of workplace dimension to individual workers is method therefore has been suggested which enables derivation of expected individual workplace dimensions on the basis of...
- Bajan los contratos a las personas con discapacidad. // Capital Humano;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 233, p13
The article reports that, according to Spanish employment services provider Grupo SIFU, employees with disabilities in Spain could be the first to be laid off as a result of the economic crisis.
- Leaders Must Communicate in Difficult Times. // Vision Monday;12/15/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p33
The article reports that a study from the communications firm Weber Shandwick Worldwide indicate that at least 70% of 514 workers are not getting enough communication from their company leaders about financial crisis and how it affects them. Harris Diamond of Weber Shandwick states that most of...
- Union-Management Cooperation. Cohen-Rosenthal, Edward; Burton, Cynthia // Training & Development Journal;May86, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p96
Asserts that smooth relations between unions and management are a function of planning and implementation. Development of new organizational structures; Program design; Training for the program; Need for communication and awareness.