How I made a difference at work
- Bad week forâ€¦. // Personnel Today;1/29/2008, p4
The article presents news briefs related to personnel management in Great Britain. Lloyds TSB Group PLC's Human Resource (HR) team will be busy as 280 jobs in the 900-strong department are to be dismissed as the bank restructures the way it provides HR. Member of parliament Peter Hain resigned...
- Whose round is it? Wilson, John // People Management;2/24/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p46
The article offers a look at 360-degree feedback initiatives implemented by Lloyds TSB Group. In a division, composed of about 3,000 retail managers, the process became part of performance management and was incorporated into their twice-yearly reviews. The same process was implemented in...
- HR delivered to your screen. Rana, Eila // People Management;2/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p42
Features various human resource management software products used in Great Britain. Flexible benefits system from Andersen; Web-based self-service human resource system of Lloyds TSB; Benefits of application software provision technology.
- Training and the ROI of Fun. Caudron, Shari // Workforce (10928332);Dec2000, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p34
Explains the return on investment of experiential training of employees. Limitations of the instructor-led classroom training of employees; Advice to human resource professionals on training employees; Ways to educate employees through fun activities. INSETS: Tips for hiring and effective...
- Build learning into work. Atkinson, Marcia // HR Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p60
Focuses on employee training plans developed by several American companies that combine learning and earning. Connection of employees to learning resources to build basic skills; Creation of an environment that encourages continued on-the-job growth and learning; Learning for job security;...
- Building a coherent strategy. Wilson, David // e.learning age;Apr2007, p14
The article focuses on a research conducted by Elearning on Learning Content Management (LCM). The main corporate participants in the research are cited including LloydsTSB and PricewaterhouseCoopers. It says that three common scenarios of LCM interest are indicated by the analysis from the...
- Lloyds to Cut 3,000 Jobs, Take $322M in Charges. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;2/14/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the plans of Lloyds TSB Group PLC to cut jobs in its asset banking business. Reasons given by Lloyds officials for the streamlining efforts of the company.
- Schweppes chief Troy defects to Lloyds TSB. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;7/2/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the appointment of Paul Troy as brands communications director to oversee the implementation of Lloyds TSB bank's corporate image. Information on Troy's responsibilities; Insight on Troy's tenure at Schweppes' European; Details on Troy's role at Lloyds.
- Lloyds TSB hires strategy chief as Ford Ennals quits. Thurtle, Gary // Marketing Week;1/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Reports the appointment of Jayne Almond as director of strategy and marketing for Lloyds TSB in Great Britain. Resignation of Ford Ennals, director of group customer management; Factors contributing to the resignation of Ennals; Job responsibilities of Almond.