A twist of faith
- It's all about managing diversity. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p10
The article offers insights on diversity management. Diversity is about the differences of human beings in religion, sexual preferences or physical appearance. It must not be feared, because it enriches life and it is good for business. The people and companies who best manage diversity are the...
- Making sexual orientation part of diversity. Winfeld, Liz; Spielman, Susan // Training & Development;Apr95, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p50
Features several guidelines for the successful administration of diversity training in connection with the issue of sexual orientation in the workplace. Use of inclusive language in all company communications by offering benefits to same-sex partners and publicly supporting gay and lesbian...
- Sexual diversity initiatives are under-resourced, says new research. // Diva;Jul2003, Issue 86, p25
Cites a report from Keele University in Staffordshire, England, which found that sexual diversity initiatives of local governments in Great Britain remain under-resourced. Factors that hinder the full implementation of lesbian and gay equalities initiatives; Expected outcome of equal employment...
- Diversity leads to economic success. Garner, Sanford // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p11A
In this article the author focuses on the value of diversity in race, gender, sexual orientation, cultures, and experiences in the success of a company.
- SENATE HEARS GAY RIGHTS BILL. // Just Out;7/04/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the deliberations on a proposed bill that would ban discrimination on the basis sexual orientation and gender identity at the Oregon Senate Rules Committee. Testimonies on employment discrimination towards gays; Provision of social services for homosexuals.
- The Supreme Court has left Alberta no choice but to repeal its human rights act. Byfield, Link // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;6/12/95, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p2
Comments on the Supreme Court of Canada's addition of sexual orientation to Ottawa's Charter of Rights. Account of homosexual Delwin Vriend's claims against the Alberta government; Criticisms against the Individual's Rights Protection Act.
- Dueling Discriminations. Alembakis, Rachel // Reason;Dec2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p15
Criticizes the provisions of the European Union directive passed in 2000 which required member states to counter workplace discrimination on the basis of gender, sexual orientation and religion. Conflict of the discrimination law; Plan of employers to consider legal implications of alcohol at...
- Diversity Grows More Diverse. Allerton, Haidee // Training & Development;Apr93, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p31
Discusses an aspect of workforce diversity which is sexual orientation. Case study of Eastman Kodak Co.'s Diversity Framework; Employee networks for women, working parents, African-Americans, Hispanics and gays and lesbians.
- Xcetera. // Xtra West (Vancouver);11/3/2011, Issue 475, p7
The article presents quotes from gay comedian Rick Mercer on the public life of gay, actor Zachary Quinto on the suicide of gay teenager Jamey Rodemeyer, and Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai on the constitution of freedom of sexual orientation.