The credit crunch's moral dimension
- Bankers on bail. Sandel, Michael // New Statesman;9/14/2009, Vol. 138 Issue 4966, p34
In this essay the author examines moral issues associated with the global financial crisis of 2008-09. The author considers a number of questions that pertain to the subject including the manner in which international financial markets operate, the ethical limits to the profit motive and the...
- â€œLa economÃa no es un juego sino un servicio que debe desarrollarse con responsabilidad". Carazo, José Antonio; de la Rosa, Mercedes // Capital Humano;mar2014, Vol. 27 Issue 285, p74
No abstract available.
- Â¿Son las finanzas una Â«estructura de pecadoÂ»? GUITIÁN, Gregorio // Scripta Theologica;ago2013, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p301
In the light of the financial crises of the last decades, we examine whether the financial system can be considered as a Â«structure of sinÂ». Firstly, we deal with Catholic Social Teaching and other authors' statements on our question. The second part opens up an ethical reflection on some...
- THE DUTY OF LOYALTY OF COMPANY DIRECTORS: BRIDGING THE ACCOUNTABILITY GAP THROUGH EFFICIENT DISCLOSURE. LOWRY, JOHN // Cambridge Law Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p607
The article presents a study that deals with the core fiduciary duty of loyalty of company directors. It focuses on the restatement of the core duty of loyalty and the obligation on directors to produce a business review. The author provides an assessment of section 172 of the Companies Act 2006...
- TYCOONS & LITTLE GUYS. Smith, David L. // Commonweal;12/5/2008, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Blame Game," by Mark Sargent in the November 7, 2008 issue.
- TYCOONS & LITTLE GUYS. Sargent, Mark A. // Commonweal;12/5/2008, Vol. 135 Issue 21, p4
A response by Mark Sargent to a letter to the editor about his article "The Blame Game," in the November 7, 2008 issue is presented.
- The Importance of Being Independent. KAUSHIK, MANU // Business Today;12/22/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 26, p74
The article focuses on the non-executive directors in Indian companies who do not follow clause 49 of made by the Securities and Exchange Board of India for corporate governance. Topics discussed include protection of minority shareholder's interests, risk management and corporate frauds. It...
- Buyers want better cover for directors. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;5/2/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p11
The article reports on rules related to securities litigation. Risk management experts at the RIMS conference offered ideas that ranged from aiding executives in understanding the changing regulatory environment, to adding or increasing directors and officers Side A coverage, to investigating...
- The FCPA: A New Bear in the Woods? Marple, Pamela J. // NACD Directorship;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p71
The article discusses risks faced by businesses in relation to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) in the U.S. The FCPA is said to require higher internal compliance costs and reduced ability to control practices in unfamiliar cultures. Risk management may be achieved by directors and...