'Soft skills' test centres open local doors for NHS trust
- Job agency urged to emphasise skills. // Regeneration & Renewal;3/14/2008, p10
The article reports on JobCentre Plus, an employment agency which emphasized equipping people with skills for sustainable employment to tackle the problem of long-term worklessness in deprived areas in Great Britain. According to the author, the company has a strong performance culture, however,...
- FUND MANAGERS. Maughan, Tim // Commercial Motor;4/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5124, p61
Focuses on the need for British motor vehicle operators to train their own personnel if they are to secure financial aid from government training funds. Information on major funding sources Jobcentre Plus and the Learning Skills Council; Range of skills that should be taught to heavy goods...
- Creating and Implementing a Reality-Based Career Plan. Broscio, Mike; Paulick, Scherer Schneider; Scherer, Jay // Journal of Healthcare Management;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on the importance of career planning in building long-term success of health care professionals. Steps involved in developing and implementing a reality-based plan; Creation of shared success using the Q5 Framework; Balance between the fulfillment of your needs and meeting your...
- Innovating Professional Development for Future Health Care Practitioners. Hamilton, Charlene; Rucinski, Ann; Schakelman, Justin // T H E Journal;Jun2001, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p78
Focuses on the innovation of professional development for health care practitioners. Transformation of outpatient approach; Maintenance of health and prevention of the diseases; Fundamental changes in the delivery of health care.
- Prospective Medical-Field Students Learn About What it Takes in the Health Care Industry. // Curriculum Review;Jan2014, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p6
The article discusses a Health Care Career Day held in collaboration between Herkimer County schools and Herkimer County Community College, which allowed high school students with an interest in health care professions an opportunity to learn more about the field.
- Clues to Your Career. NEMKO, MARTY // California Job Journal;2/21/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1224, p4
The article cites several questions that can provide important insights into potential career paths worth exploring, including abilities or skills that one derives the most satisfaction from.
- CONSISTENCY OF OCCUPATIONAL CHOICE BETWEEN COUNSELLED AND UNCOUNSELLED SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NORTHERN CROSS RIVER STATE. Bassey, Pauline; Eyo, Mary B. // Academic Leadership (15337812);2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
The article presents information on a study on occupational choice of both counselled and uncounselled senior secondary school students in Nigeria. It is found that one of the major problems facing Nigerian Secondary School students is making an appropriate and realistic occupational choice. The...
- IT Competition: Hot--And Heating Up Even More. Meinert, Dori // HR Magazine;Feb2012, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the "Robert Half Technology IT Hiring Index and Skills Report," which predicts a net 10 percent increase in hiring for information technology (IT) professionals and discusses technology skills which are in demand such as networking and security.
- Camps promote inclusion, job skills with burgeoning vocational programs. Wineburg, Raffi // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;1/16/2015, p1
(JTA) - Like many 22-year-olds, Ben Nadis has somewhat murky career goals. Though he likes his job at the Kroger near his house in Farmington Hills, Mich., he doesn't want to work there forever. Maybe he'll be on TV instead, he jokes -- he's not sure.