NEWS ON THE WEB
- Coalition poised for battle over pension reforms. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing;9/17/2012, p1
The article reports that British prime minister David Cameron is said to be considering proposals to launch a new flat-rate state pension.
- Cameron pledges to keep state pension triple lock until 2020. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing;1/9/2014, p2
The article reports that British Prime Minister David Cameron has vowed to maintain the triple lock on state pensions until 2020 if he is re-elected in 2015.
- Fund groups warn Cameron of 'damaged' UK investment case. Yarker, Jon // Fundweb;2/18/2014, p10
The article focuses on the warning by the Great Britain fund mangers to Prime Minister David Cameron in a meeting over the new regulations in several industries that have damaged the country's investment case. It states that representatives from the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority and the Canada...
- Cameron and Webb get Â£50k extra state pension while contracted-in lose Â£35k. // Corporate Adviser;Mar2014, p6
The article reports that British Pension Minister Steve Webb and Prime Minister David Cameron will both get 37 pound a week more in state pension due to switch to a single-tier pension.
- No shopping list... Monks, John // New Statesman & Society;9/8/95, Vol. 8 Issue 369, p25
Presents the views of the author, the general secretary of the Trade Union Congress (TUC) in Great Britain, on the political implications of the union's desire for a statutory minimum wage. Refutation of unions' support for a Labour government; Survey of the development of unionism in the...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // People Management;7/27/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 15, p13
The article presents updates on personnel management. The South Korean government will raise the amount that subscribers must contribute to the country's national pension fund from 2010 to help combat mounting deficits, declining birth rates and an aging population. The minimum wage in Shenzhen,...
- The briefing. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/31/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4538, p46
The article offers information on apprenticeships and training programs across Great Britain. David Cameron has launched "Building Skills, Transforming Lives," a paper that sets out plans to expand the provision of real apprenticeships, which was embraced by the British Chamber of Commerce...
- David Cameron wants to keep pensions triple lock. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/5/2013, p8
The article offers information on the decision of Great Britain Prime Minister David Cameron to retain the triple lock guarantee pensions in the country. Though, the Labour and the Liberal Democrats have indicated him that this plan will increase the financial burden of government five times...
- MPs' pensions demand attention. // Money Marketing;10/25/2012, p49
The article reports that reform of the pension program for the members of parliament will pave the way for pension reform for the public sector. It examines the endorsement of Prime Minister David Cameron in Parliament following the proposal of Chancellor George Osborne. It discusses the...