RECESSION FUELS INVESTIGATOR BOOM
- Planning for recession--the past is prologue. Gilbert, Harry // Outlook;Winter92, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on finance management during recessions. Payroll-related expenses; Record keeping; Use of contractual employees.
- Local economy: Chugging uphill isn't good enough. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8
Focuses on business developments despite the United States economic slowdown. Purchase of a nuclear power plant by Entergy Corp.; Impact of job reductions and company shutdowns on the economy; Construction of a container cargo-handling facilities.
- Swithinbank faces the recession. Holmes, Geoffrey // Accountancy;Nov81, Vol. 92 Issue 1059, p66
Presents a case study of a fictitious conglomerate, the Swithinbank Group and how it deals with recession. Authorized and issued share capital of the bank; Statistical summary of the bank's financial year ended December 31, 1978; Organization layout of the bank; Consolidated profit and loss...
- Funding and Bias. Nahan, Mike // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jun2001, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the issue regarding the assertion that public funding is pure and objective while business funding leads to bias. Proposed solution to public funding issue.
- STOP PRESS. // Regeneration & Renewal;8/24/2009, p2
The article offers news briefs related to economic issues in England. The Commission for Rural Communities says that allocations from a fund to address the recession in the high street will fail to reach in rural areas. According to the Migration Advisory Committee, skilled migrant workers...
- Lack of capital exacts a price. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;1/28/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p3
Reports the role of recessions on the filing of bankruptcies of businesses in Detroit, Michigan. Views of Dun & Bradstreet Corp. on the financial problems of the company; Changes in the landscape for local companies; Increase the bankruptcy filings by businesses in the national level. INSET:...
- Lending leads to hiring, begetting investor confidence. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p29
Reports on the business conditions in the Indianapolis, Indiana. Reasons for the hesitation of corporations to invest and hire new employees; Decline in the loan demand; Lending activities of the banking institutions.
- MORE TO LEARN. Kranz, Garry // Workforce Management;Jan2011, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p27
The article offers information on the increased activity in employee development in the U.S. in 2010. It is stated that companies increased their hiring budgets and according to The Corporate earning Factbook 2011, there was an average increase of 6% 5.3 staff members for every 1,000 learners....
- How successful business owners manage money. Hirst, Sue // NZ Business;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p48
The article offers tips for better business finance management. Companies are advised to hire a qualified person to look after finance if it is not their thing and to invest in a good accounting system. They told to invest in a good operational management system, to ensure operational and...