COMMUNICATE IN DOWNTURN
- Home department star performer of H1, says John Lewis MD. // Cabinet Maker;8/12/2011, Issue 5750, p8
The article presents information on the financial performance of John Lewis Partnership PLC's Home department, in the first half of 2011.
- Online the only highlight in another disappointing week for firm. // Cabinet Maker;9/4/2015, Issue 5947, p12
The article discusses the financial performance of Great Britain department store chain John Lewis Partnership PLC for the week ending August 22, 2015, with 2.7 percent decline in home sales.
- Chain reveals rise in sales of bedding as dark nights draw in. // Cabinet Maker;11/7/2014, Issue 5908, p8
The article reports that on multiple department store business John Lewis Partnership PLC' double-digit increase of 13% in sales of filled bedding in the first week of November 2014 as consumers were preparing for the winter months.
- John Lewis records 13.3% sales rise. // Cabinet Maker;7/9/2010, Issue 5695, p10
The article reports on the financial performance of John Lewis Partnership PLC which increase sales by 13.3% in 2009 despite many distractions.
- Profile: Sir Charlie Mayfield, chairman of the John Lewis Partnership. Chahal, Mindi // Marketing Week;4/10/2014, p2
The article profiles British retail company the John Lewis Partnership and its chairman, Charlie Mayfield as of 2014, on the occasion of the enterprise's 150th anniversary. It offers information on the company's employee-ownership business model, its 2013 performance, and its effort to integrate...
- Profile: Sir Charlie Mayfield, chairman of the John Lewis Partnership. Chahal, Mindi // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/9/2014, p2
The article profiles Sir Charlie Mayfield, chairman of retailer John Lewis Partnership. It cites the change in the way customers live their lives driven by technology and mentions the need for retailers to be agile and adaptable in terms of changing their operational model. It also discusses the...
- Retailers warn price promotions could take a hit in independent Scotland. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);9/12/2014, p1
The article reports on the concerns of retailers in Scotland over the risk of price rises in Scotland if it gets separated from Great Britain. Topics discussed include the views of department store chain John Lewis's managing director Andy Street over marketing promotions, views of retail...
- John Lewis credits focus on value and trust as sales top Â£9bn. Vizard, Sarah // Marketing Week (Online Edition);3/6/2014, p9
The article reports that the strategy of retail company John Lewis Partnership to focus on trust and value has led the firm to acquire a total of Â£9 billion in annual revenue at its department stores and Waitrose supermarkets in 2013. It states that the company's profit has increased by 15...
- John Lewis boss: 'We are changing our approach to marketing to better serve customers'. Hobbs, Thomas // Marketing Week (Online Edition);9/10/2015, p1
The article presents the views of Charlie Mayfield, chairman of supermarket chain, John Lewis Partnership, on the approach of the company towards marketing to serve customers. It mentions that the promotion of marketing director Craig Inglis to the new position of customer director at the firm,...