NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Royles charter. Smedley, Tim // People Management;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p30
An interview with Dean Royles, executive board chair at Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain, is presented. According to Royles, the challenge is to show that the true value of human resources (HR) lies not just in addressing line management issues, but also...
- TAKING ON THE ISSUE OF AGE. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p52
The article offers information on a new employment guide to be published by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) in Great Britain. The CIPD guides will focus on specific aspects of employment. Called Research Insight, the first of these examines the state of play in age...
- CIPD BRANCH DIARY. // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p50
A calendar of events in Great Britain from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development is presented. The Chiltern branch consultants' networking event at De Vere Bellhouse, Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire, England will be held on January 16, 2006. The annual employment law day at the...
- Getting HR's voice heard on policy. // People Management;Jun2016, p61
The article discussed the functions of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) public policy team including consultation on closed recruitment practices in the public sector and presentation.
- Research in the spotlglit at CIPD event. // People Management;Jun2016, p61
The article offers information on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's (CIPD) Recruitment Exhibition which will be held in London, England from June 15 to 16, 2016 including the presentation of findings from the CIPD's "Employee Outlook" survey at the event.
- The View. // Recruiter;Apr2014, Special section p3
The article focuses on the Good Recruitment Campaign (GRC) developed by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) for promoting good recruitment in Great Britain. Topics discussed include endorsement of GRC by business groups such as the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development...
- ON THE DOUBLE. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;6/14/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p44
The article offers information about the Human Resource (HR) Software Show and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Recruitment Exhibition to be held at Olympia in London, England from June 20 to 21, 2007. The HR Software Show will showcase the latest development in HR...
- NestlÃ© reveals secret behind hiring success. // Personnel Today;6/24/2008, p4
The article reports that NestlÃ© Corp. has revealed the secret behind its successful recruitment strategy, keeping potential employees 'warm' for up to a year until suitable jobs come up. Speaking at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development's Recruitment and Retention conference,...
- Forearmed for the war for talent. // People Management;5/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p59
Focuses on the recruitment certificate program launched by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development at the Recruitment and Selection conference on May 22, 2001 in London, England. Objective of the program; Features.