Flexible working: does size matter?
- A fighting chance. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;04/12/99, Vol. 22 Issue 15, pSB1
Focuses on the struggles of small businesses in the United States. Relationship with big companies; Challenges faced by small businesses in searching for funding; Potential of the small business market; Small business owners' experiences with big businesses.
- Guarding your interests. Stace, Nick // Choice;Nov2010, p2
This article celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Australian magazine "Choice." It looks forward to the future of the magazine as it celebrates the anniversary. It reveals the plan of the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, New South Wales, to present a display to mark the event. In addition, the...
- Small business - opportunity and challenge. Gray, Andi // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/22/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p11
The article offers an answer to a question on what is the role of small business versus big business on the recession and economic recovery.
- Flexible working hours. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Mar2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1315, p131
Reports on the implementation of the Flexible Working Regulations 2002 in Great Britain. Provisions of the regulation; Jurisdiction over complaints for employer breach; Requirements for employees availing of flexible working policy.
- Clinton for flex time. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/08/96, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p27
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's flexible time proposal.
- Small companies have weapons to beat Goliaths. Fishman, Allen // Inside Tucson Business;05/31/99, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p17B
Discusses how small businesses can compete with big companies. Need to identify and capitalize on company's competitive edge; Market awareness, positioning and organization; Flexibility and faster reaction to shifting market trends.
- Taking on a big new competitor. Russis, Martha // Crain's Chicago Business;04/12/99, Vol. 22 Issue 15, pSB2
Reports on the role of customer service to small business' ability to compete with major companies in the United States. Responses of small business owners to competition; Steps in competing with big companies; Examples of small business' competition strategies.
- 20 associations form group aiding small biz. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;02/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the collaboration among 20 trade associations in Detroit, Michigan to establish a conglomerate offering assistance services for small businesses in the city. Names of the organizations involved in the initiative.
- AIHE elects new board. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;5/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p17
Reports on the board elections of the San Juan, Puerto Rico chapter of Inter-American Businessmen Association. Recognition for Puerto Rican entrepreneurship; Conferment of awards to members.