- Field to review the NHS Constitution. // Pulse;3/7/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p2
The article reports that Great Britain's National Health Service (NHS) Constitution's role of defining patients' rights to medicines is to be reviewed by the NHS Future Forum.
- Be straight with the patients. Murphy, Katherine // New Statesman;5/10/2010, Vol. 139 Issue 5000, p39
In this article the author examines Great Britain's National Health Service and comments on the rights of patients.
- Patients first. Warden, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/9/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6811, p1153
Reports on the importance given by the government of patients right under the National Health Services in Great Britain. Enumeration on charter rights of citizens; Importance of purchaser sanction on charter enforcement; Provision on legal rights and national standard commitment.
- NHS Constitution now Backed by Law. // Operating Theatre Journal;Feb2010, Issue 233, p2
The article reports on the mandate for all National Health Service (NHS) organizations to observe patient rights and pledges laid out in the NHS Constitution starting January 19, 2010 in Great Britain.
- Patients' rights, public law and the Human Rights Act. Halford, John // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p118
Explores the impact of the Human Rights Act of 1998 (HRA) on patients' treatment under Great Britain's National Health Service (NHS) and on healthcare in general. Legal duties imposed by the HRA on administrative bodies such as the NHS; Summary on the protective rights provisions of the...
- Abused by the NHS: patient consent and confidentiality. Chester, Marion // Consumer Policy Review;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p38
Contends that the information sharing practice in the National Health Service (NHS) of Great Britain would pose a threat to patient confidentiality and public trust in the service. Exposure of poor protection of patient confidentiality in the NHS; Recommendation of the Caldicott Committee to...
- Hospitals ordered to cut out mistakes. Ward, Seamus // Public Finance;04/20/2001, p7
Reports that the British National Health Service launched the National Patient Safety Agency to increase patient safety and cut the costs of medical errors and negligence. Tasks and responsibilities of the agency; Cost of medical negligence complaints filed with authorities; Patients' role in...
- UK considers new compensation plan for NHS. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/14/2001, Vol. 323 Issue 7304, p66
Reports that victims of clinical negligence in Great Britain's National Health Service may be offered speedy settlements with fixed rate payments, in a bid by health ministers to curb the spiralling cost of medical litigation. Details of the plan which would decide payment based on the injury...
- Choose and Book. // Health & Homeopathy;Autumn2009, p5
The article reports that the British Homeopathic Organization will assist patients having difficulties to choose their hospitals despite new rules in the National Health Service (NHS) constitution in Great Britain. It states that according to the new rule, if the patient's referral is approved,...