Primary Prevention and Statins: Is It Just About Going to Class?
- AJPCPD. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jul2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1106, p91
A quiz related to cardiovascular disease and role of statins and diet in its treatment is presented.
- CHD patients should take statins at night. // Pulse;11/18/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the impact of taking statin at night on the cholesterol-lowering effect of coronary heart disease patients.
- Starting statins for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Tunstall-Pedoe, Hugh // Heart;Nov2013, Vol. 99 Issue 21, p1547
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discuss the prevention of cardiovascular diseases by prescription of statins, drugs that lower cholesterol levels, in general population.
- Effects of Statins on Nonlipid Serum Markers Associated with Cardiovascular Disease. Balk, Ethan M.; Lau, Joseph; Goudas, Leonidas C.; Jordan, Harmon S.; Kupelnick, Bruce; Kim, Linda U.; Karas, Richard H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/21/2003, Vol. 139 Issue 8, p670
Investigates the effects of statins on nonlipid serum markers associated with cardiovascular disease. Benefits of statin; Ability of statins to reduce risk for cardiovascular disease; Importance of nonlipid factors in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis.
- Cochrane review group responds to Abramson and colleagues' article on statins in low risk people. Huffman, Mark; Taylor, Fiona; Ebrahim, Shah; Abramson, John D.; Rosenberg, Harriet G.; Jewell, Nicholas; Wright, James M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;3/8/2014, Vol. 348 Issue 7948, p26
The article presents the response of Mark Huffman and colleagues to the Cochrane Review on the use of statins as initial prevention for cardiovascular disease which was published in an article in the "British Medical Journal" and the corresponding response of the critics in defense of their...
- Statin use: Expert Alert Dr Tom Marshall. // Podiatry Review;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p33
No abstract available.
- Cardiologists Overlook Lifesaving Discovery. Faloon, William // Life Extension;Feb2004, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the result of an impressive research that indicates the coenzyme Q10 in the adjuvant treatment of cardiovascular disease in the U.S. Major adverse health effect of statin treatment; Factors that inhibits the natural biosynthesis of coenzyme Q10; Recommendation of the statin users...
- JUPITER data could expand number of older U.S. adults who may benefit from statin therapy. Kalvaitis, Katie // Cardiology Today;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p25
The article discusses a study published in volume 2 of "Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes" which suggested that more than 11 million older people in the U.S. may be eligible for statin therapy, based on results of the Justification for the Use of Statins in Primary Prevention: an...
- Statins for all? A question for society. Barer, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal;7/12/2014, Vol. 349 Issue 7966, pg4192
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses clinical trials focusing on statin treatment for cardiovascular disease.