Challenging ethno-cultural and sexual inequities: an intersectional feminist analysis of teachers, health partners and university student' views on adolescent sexual and reproductive health rights
- Messages Received, Messages Sent Confronting Stereotypes. Chou, Elayne // Pact Point of View;Winter2012, p2
The author discusses some of the hurtful hate comments received by her due to her Asian identity. She says dealing with this type of comment makes her unsafe in the U.S. where she lived. She is concerned about the effects of this stereotyping on her daughter and family and other Asian-American...
- How would you handle a white supremacist next door. // Glamour;Jan2007, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p95
This article presents an interview with social worker Rebecca Kushner-Metteer. Kushner-Metteer, of Kalispell, Montana, discusses her experiences with a family of neo-Nazis. Inspiring thousands of residents of Kalispell to act in a tolerant, not hateful manner, Kushner-Metteer regularly...
- What Young People Want From a Sexual Health Website: Design and Development of Sexunzipped. McCarthy, Ona; Carswell, Kenneth; Murray, Elizabeth; Free, Caroline; Stevenson, Fiona; Bailey, Julia V. // Journal of Medical Internet Research;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p21
Background: Sexual health education in the United Kingdom is of variable quality, typically focusing on the biological aspects of sex rather than on communication, relationships, and sexual pleasure. The Internet offers a unique opportunity to provide sexual health education to young people,...
- Violence against women: A global public health crisis. Ellsberg, Mary C. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Jan2006, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reflects on the increasing gender-based violence, which is recognized as a major public health concern and a violation of human rights. The effects of violence can be devastating to a woman's reproductive health as well as to other aspects of her physical and mental well-being and...
- Human Rights. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Bulgaria Country Review;2013, p45
The article presents an overview of violations of the government of civil and human rights of its citizens such as discrimination against persons, child labor and trafficking, and restrictions of press and religious freedoms.
- Q & A. // British Baker;10/22/2010, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p28
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the proper comparator in a disability discrimination claim.
- HAF Report Calls for End to Caste-Based Discrimination. // India -- West;12/17/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 4, pA14
The article reports on the demand of the Hindu American Foundation (HAF) to eradicate the caste-based discrimination in India.
- Lesbian Motherhood. Krebs, Paula M. // Off Our Backs;Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on gender stereotypes that are imposed on children. The author says that her daughter rejected everything that is "girlie" at the age of 10. She says that she felt bad for the girls who question her daughter's gender identity, as gender stereotypes were enforced on them. She...
- TERMINOLOGY AND SOCIAL RELEVANCE IN PSYCHOLOGICAL RESEARCH ON GENDER. Beckwith, J. B. // Social Behavior & Personality: an international journal;1994, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p329
White the feminization of psychology seems remote, socially relevant research is relatively achievable in the present paper, terminology is initially received, and distinctions are drawn between concepts of sex, gender, and sexuality. Traditional areas of psychological activity in relation to...