The ATM battle - is it really over?
- Australia Fee Change Trims ATM Use Costs. // American Banker;9/15/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 172, p16
The article reports that a change in Australian rules related to automated teller machine (ATM) fees has increased the number of ATM withdrawals. The central bank of Australia created a rule that allows ATM owners to charge fees directly to the user. This allows the card issuer to reduce or...
- Bank ATMs and ATM Surcharges. Gowrisankaran, Gautam; Kramer, John // FRBSF Economic Letter;12/16/2005, Vol. 2005 Issue 36, p1
This article focuses on the role of the automated teller machine (ATM) in today's life. According to Dove Consulting there are approximately 371,000 ATMs in the United States that process 30 million transactions per day. It also presents information on the surcharge fee paid by consumers using...
- ATM Ruling May Mean Fees Are Here to Stay. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;7/10/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 130, p1
Focuses on the impact of a federal court ruling in California upholding banks' ability to charge fees on the automated teller business in the United States. Agreement that user fee issue is governed by federal laws which give banks reasonable leniency in setting prices for their services;...
- Fast facts. // Money (14446219);Mar2005, Issue 2, p18
Reports on the performance of banks in Australia in as of March 2005. Rate of increase in the amount banks made from fees in 2003; Average amount charged by banks for transactions using automated teller machines of other banks; Amount by which banks' fee income increased from 1997 to 2003.
- Surcharge-Free ATM Networks Are Growing. // Point for Credit Union Research & Advice;1/1/2009, p22
The article reports on the growth of surcharge-free automated teller machine (ATM) networks in the U.S. Credit unions and community banks are joining the four largest surcharge-free ATM networks to help their depositors and reduce user fees during these hard economic times. According to the...
- Indian Banks Must Pay ATM Transaction Fee. Chibber, Ankush // CardLine;6/4/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p22
The article offers information on the transaction fee that Indian banks will have to pay for every automated teller machine (ATM) transaction. The National Payments Corporation of India states that the banks will have to pay 0.80 rupees for every ATM transaction. This was decided after the...
- Rise In ATM Fees Slows Down. // Credit Union Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p16
Cites the slight increase in surcharges for non-customer users of automated teller machines (ATM) in 2002. Highlights of the U.S. Federal Reserve System's annual report on ATM fees; Comparison with fee increases in 2001; Increase in the average fee charged for bounced checks.
- Fed Study: Only a Slight Rise in ATM Surcharges. // American Banker;6/9/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 109, p20
Reports that the cost of getting money at automated teller machines other than those affiliated with the financial institution of the consumer did not change much in 2002, according to a United States Federal Reserve study. Surcharge fees, which has risen in past years.
- Rising ATM fees draw populist ire of D'Amato. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;12/10/96, Vol. 89 Issue 11, p3
Reports that Senator Alfonse D'Amato, the chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, has asked the General Accounting Office to study what he terms unfair automated teller machine surcharging. Bill introduced in 1995 by D'Amato to ban double charging or surcharges; Increase in ATMs surcharges;...