The Talk of the Internet
- The eve of disruption. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;03/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p30
Reports that speakers at the March 2001 Voice on the Net conference in Phoenix, Arizona are predicting the end of traditional telephony business due to end-to-end voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Impact of a tight capital market; Importance of voice; Opportunities in the VoIP market; How to...
- Transforming The ILECs--Part III. Passmore, David // Business Communications Review;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p13
Part III. Focuses on the challenges faced by local exchange telecommunication carriers in the U.S. Increase of voice over internet protocol competition; Overall structure of the telecommunications industry; Maintenance of reliable transport services.
- An Online Song With Many Voices. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;11/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p18
No abstract available.
- Voice over IP--the better choice. Snider, Jeff // Communications News;Oct2000, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p30
Offers a look at voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. Description of VoIP; Migration to VoIP; Difference between circuit and packet-switched networks; Benefits of VoIP.
- Combine the proper elements to create new architecture. Rao, Ramesh // Communications News;Oct2000, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p38
Provides information on the technology that can improve the performance of voice-over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Reasons for the poor performance of VoIP; Application of a commercial off-the-shelf open systems approach; Steps in establishing a viable VoIP solution.
- Burlington rides the path to convergence. Diamond, Sam // Communications News;Jan2003, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the addition of voice over IP (VoIP) capabilities and applications to the telecommunications infrastructure of Burlington based in Boston, Massachusetts. Features of a converged VoIP network from Siemens; Cost of the system; Benefits of the technology to the company.
- Telecoms Liberalisation Planned. // Asia Monitor: Indian Subcontinent Monitor;Oct2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p7
Focuses on the plans of the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission to liberalize the telecommunication industry. Benefit of the liberalization for the customers; Removal of the ban on internet telephony; Reliability of the telecommunication networks.
- Managing VoIP for quality. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p24
No abstract available.
- Catching a ride. Breznick, Alan // CED;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p12
Focuses on the performance of the voice-over-Internet Protocol service providers (VoIP) in the U.S. Relationship of VoIP with the cable operators; Increase in the number of subscribers in the VoIP market; Revenue performance of VoIP. INSET: Who needs PacketCable?.
- Ringing up new revenues. Mermelstein, Julia // CED;May2003, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p57
Reports on the ability of telecommunication carriers to introduce voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) services. Composition of the VoIP services market; Advantages of the distributed nature of IP networks; Projection of the growth of VoIP services.