CROCHETING SOCKS THAT FIT
- Sock Hop. Smith, Marcy // Interweave Crochet;Dec2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p10
The article offers tips on crocheting socks and measuring sock yarns. It notes that some yarns are designated as sock yarns, and ;most have a very tight twist, giving them spring. It suggests to choose the weight which best suits the project, lighter for lacy socks and heavier for hiking socks....
- Crochet Potpourri. Blosser, Sharon; Wildenberg, Carol Kellie; Allen, Karen; Sunkel, Milly; Simpson, Carmela; Neal, Dolores; Shelton, Barbara; Nichols, Leola; Hart, Jenny; Valentine, Barbara; Dutra, Krista; Olwin, Diane; Blodgett, Eunice; Collins, Patricia; Selph, Debra; Ruhland, Linda; Gonzales, Betty; Malone, Martha; Reynolds, Missy; Patenaude, Sandra // Crochet World;Feb2008, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article presents several readers' letters requesting for special crochet patterns and yarns. Two grandparents are requesting for a kitty pattern and a unicorn pattern, respectively, so they can make one for their grandchild. Another reader is asking for crocheted or easy knit children's sock...
- Crochet Great Socks! Ratto-Whooley, Karen // Interweave Crochet;Mar2012, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p66
The article provides tips for creating Basic Toe-Up Socks and the basics for crocheting custom socks. It presents measurements of how to calculate the starting number of stitches and how to adjust the socks for the foot, leg, and heel. The construction of the socks reportedly differs relatively...
- Sock It TO ME. Clark, Susan // Creative Machine Embroidery;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p34
The article offers step-by-step instructions for creating personalized embroidery designs to a sock cuff.
- GRANULE STITCH & STAGGERED DIAMONDS. // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p20
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making the granule stitch and the staggered diamond crochet patterns.
- DOUBLE TAKE. // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p34
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making crochet slippers and neck warmers.
- A TUTORIAL IN FILET CROCHET. KINSLER, GWEN BLAKLEY // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p38
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a filet crochet.
- INSIDER SHAPING SECRETS. SIMS, DARLA // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p52
The article offers step-by-step instructions for various crocheting techniques.
- GREAT STOCKING STUFFERS. // Crochet!;Nov2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p58
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a crochet stocking stuffer.