Introductory Essay: Taking stock of integrative medicine: Broadening biomedicine or co-option of complementary and alternative medicine?
- The Luxury of Second-Guessing. Levin, Mitchell // Review of Ophthalmology;Jun2001 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p128
Focuses on the impact of bad outcome of treatment strategies on the confidence of medical practitioner. Experiences of the surgeon with the patient; Approach used in handling the patient's disease; Details on the treatment procedure administered to the patient.
- Clinical practice guidelines. Burnand, Bernard // European Journal of Public Health;Jun1999, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p83
Editorial. Focuses on clinical practice guidelines aimed at improving the process and outcome of health care in Europe. Definition of quality care; Illustration of inappropriate use of medical care in Europe; Benefit of promoting a concerted international effort on the improvement of health care.
- CNE questions. // Hospital Employee Health;Dec2009, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p142
A quiz concerning the medical practices, surveys, and programs on medical health occupations is presented.
- NAPE supports Advanced Practice. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jul2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1106, p26
The article offers information on medical practice in Australia and reports that National Alliance for Pharmacy Education (NAPE) supports the advancement in medical profession to enhance the health care services in the country.
- Closing The Gap Between Science And Practice: The Need For Professional Leadership. Eagle, Kim A.; Garson Jr., Arthur J.; Beller, George A.; Sennett, Cary // Health Affairs;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p196
Examines the American College of Cardiology's (ACC) program to develop and assess the effectiveness of tools that facilitate the application of guidelines in clinical practice. Role of the ACC in applying guidelines to clinical practice; Analysis of data from the Michigan Guidelines Applied in...
- CME QUIZ. // Family Practice Management;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 15 Issue 8, pA1
A quiz related to health care and physicians' practice is presented.
- Ten things you should consider before you believe a clinical practice guideline. Jaeschke, R.; Guyatt, G.; Schünemann, H. // Intensive Care Medicine;Jul2015, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p1340
A list of the 10 things that need to be considered before believing a clinical practice guideline (CPG) is presented which includes a CPG being reasonably current, the clinical questions being specific enough to provide practical and actionable answers, and the interventions and comparator being...
- How we took the pain out of patient complaints. Butt, Sohail // Pulse;9/22/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 38, p46
Presents strategies to improve handling of patient complaints in Great Britain. Application of practice-based procedure for dealing with complaints; Overview of the national criteria; Development of practical steps to alleviate patient's condition.
- Help prepare the editorial feast: Join our kitchen cabinet. Mattera, Marianne D. // Medical Economics;8/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 16, p64
Presents an invitation evaluating of medical practice by the journal "Medical Economics." Expansion of practicing physicians who communicate with the "Medical Economics"; Identification of issues of concern; Form for the invitation.