Charting the future for Asia's leaders!
- Lacy Leadership Association. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p38
The article presents information on the operations and finances of Indianapolis, Indiana-based nonprofit Lacy Leadership Association. The association trains and links leaders and encourages philanthropic involvement that leads to community growth. Members serve as volunteers or board members at...
- Accelerating Potential. Shelton, Ken // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Apr2015, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p36
An interview is presented with Bill Dorfman, a celebrity dentist, entrepreneur, and business leader. Topics discussed include details on Dorfman's attitude and view towards leadership, details on Dorfman's non-profit Leadership Excellence Accelerating Potential (LEAP) Foundation which teaches...
- Learning Modules for Leaders. Shelton, Ken // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p2
This article provides information on the learning modules the periodical has created for leaders. The learning modules have previews of the content, worksheets to capture the key ideas presented and action items and plans to help in applying the ideas. A sample of keywords that serve as the...
- Six Reasons Why Leadership Training Fails. Kivland, Cynthia; King, Natalie // Leadership Excellence;1/1/2015, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses reasons why business enterprises' leadership training programs can potentially fail. Topics include statistics on the amount of money spent on learning and development programs and the amount of that money actually transferred to learning, the role of employee engagement as...
- Building LD Programs. DeFilippo, David; Arneson, Steve // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
The article discusses the five elements to consider when creating leadership development (LD) programs. The first element is the need to develop a robust process for nominating leadership candidates. The second calls for making the selection of a program participant appear very important. Other...
- Vision, St. Charles seeking applicants for Class of 2013. // St. Charles Journal;3/28/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 13, pB1
The article reports that the Vision St. Charles Leadership program is seeking applications from emerging and established leaders from all segments of Saint Charles County, Missouri for its Class of 2013.
- 'Less Is More' Leadership Development. VOLOSHIN, KAREN; WINKLE GIULIONI, JULI // T+D;Sep2013, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses leadership development programs with particular focus on the "less is more" approach, which suggests that a simple approach to leadership training is the most effective and sustainable. The ways for meeting the learning and training needs and priorities of leaders are...
- OUT IN FRONT. Derr, Aaron // Boys' Life;Apr2007, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p36
This article talks about what makes a scout leader and discusses the National Youth Leadership Training course of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Leading by Listening. Kaufmann, Eric // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Aug2014, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p38
The article presents advice for how one can become an engaging leader with details on the role of leaders in listening to suggestions, requests, and challenges, the role of leaders in coaching employees, and the role of leaders in helping others succeed.