A Call to Arms
- "We Sell Happiness". DOEBELE, JUSTIN; ANGRAINI, SONYA // Forbes Asia;Dec2010, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p81
The article presents information on Indonesian businessmen Chairul Tanjung who is worth 1.25 billion dollars. Chairul owns the Para Group and is ranked 18th in this journal's 40 Richest men list. It is stated that he acquired 40 percent stake in retailer PT Carrefour Indonesia from the parent...
- Indonesia's 50 Richest. Forbes Indonesia // Forbes Asia;Dec2015, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p122
A list of Indonesia's 50 billionaires in 2015 is presented including Chairul Tanjung, Husodo Angkosubroto, and Soetjipto Nagaria.
- CT Corp: A Role Model for Success in Large Consumer Markets. // Forbes Asia;Sep2013, Vol. 9 Issue 10, Special section p12
The article features Indonesian firm CT Corp., which is involved in such industries as financial services, entertainment and natural resources as of September 2013. The firm, which was founded by Chairul Tanjung, has three major divisions, namely, Mega Corp., Trans Corp., and CT Global...
- Scraping by: How Metro East entrepreneurs are weathering the economic storm. Baraba, Sarah // St. Clair Journal;9/7/2011, Vol. 6 Issue 38, pA6
The article discusses the efforts of several small Metro East entrepreneurs to survive the economic crisis in Illinois in 2011 including Belleville Bowling and Sport Shop Inc., Uptown Yoga and Shirl K Floral Designs.
- Scraping by. Baraba, Sarah // Collinsville Herald;9/14/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 37, pA3
The article looks at how some small business owners in Illinois deal with the economic crisis as of September 14, 2011, including Shirl K Floral designs owner Kathy Hamilton's downsizing of her staff and Uptown Yoga owner Suzanne Sweet's reducing the number of classes offered.
- Rethinking Insolvency Laws in the Malaysian Context. Radhakrishna, Gita // Journal of Southeast Asian Research;2012, Vol. 2012, preceding p2
In the 2011 Malaysian budget announcement, it was stated that the recent economic crisis, saw a number of businessmen and individuals with financial problems being declared bankrupt. Personal and corporate insolvency can have a debilitating effect on the economy and society as a whole. The...
- Financial panic takes new prisoners. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p13
The article discusses the impact of global economic downturn on young traders and business personnel in New York. The author says that in present economic scenario, everyone is on the front lines and the situation is scary. He says that everyone is taking out his money from financial institutes...
- Legislators too focused on growing government, regulating business. Muth, Chuck // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);1/5/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, pP25
The author reflects on the legislators in Nevada and their response to the economic problems of the state. He argues that the entrepreneurs are the ones who create jobs, not the government because all they create are anti-business bureaucracies, regulations, commissions and red tape. The author...
- ANALIZA PREDUZEÄ†A U SRBIJI U USLOVIMA SVETSKE EKONOMSKE KRIZE. Memet, Aleksandar // Singidunum Scientific Review / Singidunum Revija;2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p72
The important aim of every business system in every country is profitability of the business areas. In our study we are looking for the most profitable business areas in Serbia. As a result we defined the most profitable areas for foreign and domestic investors, and for other shareholders in...