- How Do Official Bailouts Affect the Risk of Investing in Emerging Markets? Dell'Ariccia, Giovanni; Schnabel, Isabel; Zettelmeyer, Jeromin // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Oct2006, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p1689
We analyze the effects of bailout expectations on sovereign bond spreads in emerging markets. The non-bailout of Russia in August 1998 is interpreted as an event that decreased the perceived probability of future crisis lending to emerging markets. If official rescues are expected to mitigate...
- The market's behavior versus our own in 2006. Mazorra, Martin L. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/10/2006, Issue 323528, p7
The article cites that the behavior of businessmen and investors must be in accordance to the performance of businesses and the economy. Investors who suffer unrecoverable losses are those who panicked and sold while the stock market fell. Other technology-dependent investors who load their...
- UAE and Qatar bourses recover losses. LOONG, MELISSA SONG // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;5/30/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 22, p18
The article reports that the stock markets in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Qatar recovered their previous losses as they posted 3.5% and 3.8% increases, respectively, on May 25-27, 2014. The Dubai Financial Market in UAE also rose by 3% during the period to recover some of its...
- The roar of the crowd. Tora, Brian // Money Marketing;12/16/2010, p12
In this article the author discusses the valuation levels for emerging market stocks according to the perception of investors which left the restructuring and crossover between the three components of telecommunications, media, and technology (TMT) during recessionary times.
- FranÃ§ois ZagamÃ©: Emerging markets are not one entity. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/26/2013, p68
The author comments on investors lumping emerging markets into a single asset class.
- Which cycle exactly? Marr, Julian // Money Marketing;3/3/2011, p53
In this article the author discusses the importance for investors to be suitably diversified in the way they do business in emerging and developed markets.
- Does cheap mean risky? Coombs, David // Money Marketing;9/12/2013, p24
The article presents the author's views on the struggling emerging market equities in 2013.
- SOUTH AMERICAN INVESTORS EXPLORING ASIAN MARKETS. // Asian Investor;Nov2010, p29
The article reports that the South American investors have become more adventurous and have explored the Asian emerging markets.
- Human nature stands in way of earning robust returns. Kim, Mickey // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p20
The article reports that investors suffered due to self-inflicted damage in the decade that eneded on December 31, 2013.