Say 'Hola' to Honduras
- Blytheville Spreads Its Wings After Air Force Base Closing. Greene, Stephen // Arkansas Business & Economic Review;Winter99, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p6
Reprints the article `Blytheville Spreads Its Wings After Air Force Base Closing,' which appeared in the July 2000 issue of `The Regional Economist' which deals on the closure of Eaker Air Force Base in Blytheville, Arkansas.
- Visits designed to help units deal with complicated issues. Thompson, Bob // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2006, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p21
The article reports on the visitation of military bases by the teams from Headquarters Air Force Reserve Command at Robins Air Force to formulate timelines and actions in conformity with the base realignment and closure law in the U.S. They will tackle complicated issues involving units adding...
- Operation Cajun Sunset. Babin, Chance C. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2006, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p16
The article focuses on the farewell banquet and deactivation party hosted by the 926th Fighter Wing Air Force Reserve Command unit in New Orleans, Louisiana. This occasion marks the closure of the unit's Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base. The party is named Operation Cajun Sunset. Reservists...
- Iraq has its first post-Saddam air base. // Geo-Strategy Direct;3/15/2006, p7
The article focuses on the plan of Iraq to open its first military air base since the fall of the Saddam Hussein regime. According to Iraqi Major General Kamal Barzanjy, the Iraqi air force is starting over. The air force has also completed the certification of its aircrews as part of a November...
- Integration of Space-Based Combat Systems. Konner, Cortney; Pope, Ronald // Air & Space Power Journal;Fall2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p18
The article offers information about the challenges and opportunities of the integration of space-based combat systems in the U.S. military forces. The integration of space-based combat systems were found to be responsible in delivering war fighter and assures careful consideration. Space-based...
- Good neighbor policy. Lavitt, Michael O. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/29/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 22, p15
Reports on the agreement between the United States Air Force (USAF) and a Tokyo court prohibiting the flight of USAF aircrafts in and out of Yokata AB between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. Petition of residents; Limits on night flights.
- American Air Base Gets Green Light. // Polish American Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force base will be permanently station in Poland in 2011.
- Not this time, Air Force says for F-35s in Tucson. // Inside Tucson Business;7/5/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the U.S. Air Force's decision of consolidating its operations at F-35 fighter plane bases in Tucson, Arizona.
- Arizona's Efforts to Save Military Bases Stymied by Development, Lack of Funds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;6/12/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31655, p6
Arizona's efforts to save its largest military employer from closure are being hampered by continuing development around Luke Air Force Base and by a lack of money to buy property in the flight path of bomb-laden fighter jets. Arizona's proposal raise sales taxes to buy open space that would act...