- The gift of life--perhaps you can make it! // Medical Update;Mar94, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
Focuses on the possibility of donating bone marrow for patients dying of leukemia and other fatal blood disorders while seeing the results. Matching of the human leukocyte antigens of donor and recipient; Importance of time in bone marrow donation; Requirements for prospective donors of bone...
- Aboriginal bone marrow donors needed. Petten, Cheryl // Alberta Sweetgrass;Sep2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p14
Focuses on the need for aboriginal bone marrow donors in Canada. Procedure in bone marrow collection; Requirements for bone marrow donors; Information about joining the donor registry.
- How To Save A Life. // Prevention;Oct2012, Vol. 64 Issue 10, p14
The article focuses on the donation of bone marrow without involving any surgical process.
- An overview of the Welsh Bone Marrow Donor Registry: 10 years of bone marrow donor provision. Darke, C // Bone Marrow Transplantation;4/1/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p771
The Welsh Bone Marrow Donor Registry (WBMDR) is in its 11th year of operation and its 4th year as an International â€˜Hubâ€™ participating in Bone Marrow Donors Worldwide. It is operated by the Welsh Regional Tissue Typing Laboratory which is accredited by Clinical Pathology...
- Feasibility of finding an unrelated bone marrow donor on international registries for New Zealand patients. Velickovic, Z M; Carter, J M // Bone Marrow Transplantation;2/1/99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p291
Allogeneic bone marrow transplantation is the treatment of choice for several hematological conditions. Unfortunately, for the majority (70%) of patients an HLA-matched sibling donor is not available and a matched unrelated donor must be found if they are to proceed to allogeneic...
- DONOR HERO. // People;9/13/2010, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p8
The author reports on the number of people signed up to be bone marrow donors since an article in the magazine "People" was published about Dr. Anh Reiss, who is in need of a bone marrow donation.
- Bone Marrow Drive Set For 8-Year-Old June 12. // India -- West;6/3/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 28, pA26
The article announces that a bone marrow registration drive which aims to save the life of an 8-year-old leukemia patient Amaey Shah, will be held at the Peninsula Jewish Community Center in Foster City, California on June 12, 2011.
- MYSTERIOUS WAYS. SHAW, KAREN // Guideposts;Jun2013, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p49
In this article the author focuses on donating her bone marrow to her brother. She states that she was close to her brother who looked after her and so when he was diagnosed with lymphoma she decided to donate to pay back to him. She mentions that though her brother died eventually he lived five...
- RACE TO FIND DONORS. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jun2006, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the participation of more than 130 people in a special clinic established by The African Caribbean Leukaemia Trust in hope attract potential bone marrow donors at the training center of London Fire Brigade in Southwark, London, England. The probability of finding a match...