EYEING MONTANA'S MINUTEMAN MISSILES
- The ultimate standoff weapon. London III, John R. // Airpower Journal;Summer93, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p58
Focuses on the potential of conventionally armed intercontinental ballistic missiles as long-range strike weapons for the United States. Vulnerability of cruise missiles to antiaircraft artillery; Military planners' concerns about operational security.
- India parades newest Agni-V ICBM in clear warning to Pakistan, China. // Geo-Strategy Direct;2/6/2013, p2
The article reports on India's public display of its intercontinental ballistic missile Agni-V during its Republic Day on January 26, 2013 as a clear warning for Pakistan and China.
- Light On The Road To Damascus Titan terror explodes in the Arkansas hills. // Time;9/29/1980, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p28
The article reports that Titan II intercontinental ballistic missile near Damascus, Syria, dropped the socket of a wrench which led to explosion killing a worker and leaving 21 other workers hurt in the accident.
- Amid the Crimea Standoff, Russia Test-Fires an 'Advanced' Missile. // Israel Faxx;3/3/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 48W, p7
The article reports on the test-launch of an advanced intercontinental ballistic missile conducted by Russia as of March 3, 2014.
- THE GREEN RIVER LAUNCH COMPLEX. // Utah Historical Quarterly;Spring2015, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p132
A photo essay which depicts the Green River Launch Complex for testing Athena intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) in Utah during the 1960s is presented.
- News breaks. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/10/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 15, p19
Reports on the successful launch of a Minuteman 3 intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenburg AFB, California on October 5, 1994. Use of the rapid execution and combat targeting (React) system; Decrease of time required for prelaunch missile checks; Compliance with Strategic Arms...
- ICBM vulnerability. Morrison, David C. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Nov1984, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p22
Explores the vulnerability of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM). Deployment schemes proposed for ICBM; Background on the creation of the first ICBM by the U.S. Strategic Air Command; Efforts of exploitation of mobility particularly difficulties unique to maintaining secure, positive...
- Who proposes, who disposes, who pays'. Schindler, Saul // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Aug/Sep1983, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p62
A letter to the editor in response to an article by Richard Garwin which was published in the June/July 1983 issue of the bulletin is presented.
- Breaking the lock on mobile missiles. // U.S. News & World Report;4/3/89, Vol. 106 Issue 13, p13
Report that the land-based missile force has been trapped year after year in a democratic gridlock over the MX missile. Now the White House, Pentagon, and Congress are moving toward a deal in which they meet halfway. MX production would stop at the present 50, and those missiles would be put...