Make pay info changes via phone lines
- DFAS announces consolidation. // Business Credit;Feb95, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p37
Announces the consolidation of the Defense Finance & Accounting Service's (DFAS) financial operations. Closure of all base payment centers; Location of payment centers; Area of responsibility; Reduction of the number of field finance and accounting offices.
- 1997 W-2s. // Army Reserve Magazine;Winter98, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p6
States that starting the end of January 1998, one can look for 1997 W-2 tax forms from the Defense Finance and Accounting Office. Recommendations made by Defense and Finance Accounting Service; How an individual can update their mailing address.
- Outsourcing of finance and accounting. Chapman, Melinda D. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer97, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the financial management of U.S. Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). Purpose on the creation of DFAS; Operations handled by DFAS; Private and government outsourcing for DFAS.
- San Diego wins defense finance office. // San Diego Business Journal;6/6/94, Vol. 15 Issue 23, Business Action p2A
Reports on the selection of San Diego, California as a site of a Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) that will create new jobs.
- Military pay center jobs threatened. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/3/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the concern of economic development officials in Cleveland, Ohio, about a possible heavy loss of jobs at the Defense Department's 1,700-employee payroll processing operations in downtown Cleveland. Efforts within the Defense Finance and Accounting Service to standardize its computer...
- DFAS contenders. Molloy, Erika // Armed Forces Comptroller;Winter93, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p13
Lists cities in the United States which are possible locations for future consolidated Defense Finance and Accounting Service centers (DFAS). Columbus, Ohio; Macon, Georgia; Pensacola, Florida; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Lubbock, Texas.
- International Defense Financial Managers Symposium. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer94, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p49
Presents a report on the first `Defense Financial Managers Symposium' hosted by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) near Washington, D.C. on May 25-27, 1994. Participants, agenda, speaker and host of the symposium; Hosting of reception by James F. McCall, Executive Director of the...
- Standardizing policy and systems in the Defense Finance and Accounting Service. Amlin, Gary W. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer92, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p38
Studies the policies and finance and accounting systems of the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). Organization background; Characteristics and functions of defense civilian pay system, defense joint military pay system, defense retiree and annuitant pay system, defense transportation.
- Defense Business Management University disestablished July 1, 1996. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer96, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p67
Reports that the assets and personnel of the Defense Business Management University was transferred to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.