Owning a Piece of Rock
- Talking heads. // Record Collector (0261250X);Jun2013, Issue 415, p26
An interview with Steve Winwood, an English rock musician, is presented. He claims that he collects vinyl records as well as notes, lyrics and scribbles. He describes some of his collections from his early tours including reel-to-reels with the Spencer Davis Group and cassettes from 1968 with...
- THE COLLECTOR. McIver, Joel // Record Collector (0261250X);Jun2013, Issue 415, p14
An interview with Michael McKeegan, a bass player and founder member of the Therapy, a Northern Irish rock band, is presented. He describes his record collection as mostly metal and punk, adding that he started buying compact discs (CD) in the late 1980s. He estimates his collection to contain...
- No compromise works. Cackett, Alan // Maverick;May2008, Issue 70, p54
An interview with country musician Marty Stuart is presented. Stuart comments on his experience in working with major record labels. Stuart emphasizes the influence of Merle Haggard on him. Stuart reveals his pride for his Mississippi roots. Stuart comments on his collection of items from other...
- Supersonic sociopath. Stahl, Michael // Wheels;Jun2003, p124
Focuses on the automobile collection of rock star Jay Kay. List of automobiles owned by Kay; Views of Kay on admiring an automobile;
- The best combination. Palumbo, Lou // Classic Toy Trains;Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p39
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience as toy trains collector, rock music fan, and antique collector.
- A BRIDGE TOO FAR. Shirley, Ian // Record Collector (0261250X);Christmas 2013, Issue 422, p9
The article provides an answer to a question on the collectors' value of the rock band, Floating Bridge's long play (LP) album.
- What Becomes a Legend Most? Corliss, Richard; Poniewozik, James; Tyrangiel, Josh // Time;8/27/2007, Vol. 170 Issue 9, p65
The article describes the marketing of the rock legend Elvis Presley. Since his August 16, 1977 death, memorabilia and souvenirs bearing the singer's image have grossed more than the performer did during his lifetime. A commemorative silver dollar, a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, and Elvis credit...
- Stamp of approval? Jones, Tim // Record Collector (0261250X);Jun2013, Issue 415, p22
The author comments on the value of rock 'n roll stamps and coins. The Isle of Man Post office issued a set of eight stamps of the late singer Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees band in April 2013 to promote the posthumous release of his album "50 St Catherine's Drive." He argues against the value of a...
- SEE YOU OUTSIDE! // Record Collector (0261250X);Dec2013, Issue 421, p50
The article discusses the views of blogger and Die Or DIY website curator Jonny Zhivago and Detour Records founder and record collector Dizzy Holmes about outsider punk rock music. Topics discussed include popularity of outsider punk, reasons for collecting punk records, and venues were outside...