Wild Ride on a Supply Chain
- ADM sells cocoa business to commodity processor. Smolen, Bronya // British Baker;1/9/2015, p10
The article reports that food processing company Archer Daniels Midland Co. has planned to sell its global cocoa business to global commodity processor Olam International as of January 2014. It mentions that the transaction will allow Archer to redeploy capital to higher-return and less-volatile...
- Cheaper corn improves ethanol's profit margins, but unlikely to impact sales of E15. Grooms, Lynn // Farm Industry News Exclusive Insight;11/ 7/2013, p2
The article reports on the record harvest of corn that reduced its price to 4.20 dollars per bushel, increased the profits from ethanol production and impact on E15 ethanol blend consumption in the U.S. It discusses the reopening of a former Tate & Lyle ethanol plant (EP) that is purchased by...
- Oilseed Crushers Beat Estimates With Strong Gains. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;11/05/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p16
Reports on the corporate profits posted by Archer Daniels Midland Co. (ADM), Bunge Ltd. and Cargill for their fiscal first quarter. Previous earnings of the companies; Increase in the operating profits of ADM; Results of the third quarter earnings of Bunge.
- Agribiz Majors Produce Mixed Earnings Results. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the quarterly earnings from agribusiness companies Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Cargill Inc. and Bunge Ltd. in 2001. Earnings of ADM for the fourth quarter; Projection of analysts on the finances of ADM; Fiscal 2001 earnings of Cargill; Increase in the net income of Bunge.
- AGRICULTURE: Ag firm opens Fresno HQ. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/13/2011, p6
The article reports that Olam International Ltd., a Singapore-based agriculture products firm, will have its opening ceremony in Fresno, California on May 18, 2011.
- Bunge Jumps into Deforestation-Free Palm Oil with a Splash. Goodman, Lael // SB Business Weekly;11/3/2014, p1
The article discusses the commitments of White Plains, New York-based agribusiness and food ingredient company, Bunge Ltd. to use deforestation- and peat-free palm oil. The importance of the Bunge's announcement for the world climate and ecosystems at risk due to palm oil production is...
- Agribusiness Majors Post Profits Despite Volatile Oilseed Market. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;5/10/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the financial performance of the agribusiness market. Factors attributed to the agribusinesses profitable quarterly earnings for 2004; Net earnings of Cargill Inc.; Percentage increase in Bunge Ltd.'s first quarter income; Earnings of Archer Daniels Midland Co. for the third quarter...
- Oilseed Earnings Up Despite Argentine Woes. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/29/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 17, p12
Reports on the earnings gains of agricultural chemicals business majors Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), Bunge and Cargill as of April 2002. Factor contributing to the gains; Growth of the crushing operations of ADM in North America; Acquisition of La Plata Cereal by Bunge Ltd.; Increase in net...
- Agribiz Majors Maintain Strong Performance in Oilseeds. de Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;1/28/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the earnings posted by the agribusiness companies in the United States for the second quarter of 2001. Increase in the earnings of Archer Daniels Midland Co.; Operating income of Bunge Ltd. in its agribusiness segment; Oilseed crushing capacity of Bunge's South American facility;...