Smaller Is Better
- Gamma could be GM's biggest platform. Webb, Alysha // Automotive News Europe;2/4/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
The article looks at the claim of Michael A. Grimaldi, president of General Motor (GM) Daewoo Auto & Technology, that the Gamma small-car platform of GM might be the company's largest platform by volume. According to Grimaldi, Gamma has over 10 million units on a global basis. He reveals that GM...
- GM Daewoo to create minicar platform. Salmon, Andrew // Automotive News Europe;10/30/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p26
The article reports the awarding of the global minicar architecture project of General Motors (GM) to GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology. According to Michael Grimaldi, GM Daewoo's CEO and president, GM needs minicars to meet demand in Europe and Asia-Pacific. The projects encompass the design...
- GM plans to use Daewoo as in-house coachbuilder. Ciferri, Luca // Automotive News Europe;3/24/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the marketing plans of General Motors (GM). Plan of General Motors Daewoo Automobile & Technology to export a part of production from South Korea; Number of vehicles that will be exported; List of countries where the vehicles will be sold.
- GM-Daewoo Platform Asia Bound. // Ward's Auto World;Aug2003, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on the efforts of GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co., under parent company, automobile maker General Motors Corp., for the Asian marketing of its J200 platform in 2003. Names by which the car will be marketed in different countries.
- GM Daewoo to create minicar platform. Salmon, Andrew // Automotive News;10/16/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6225, p6
The article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) has awarded its global minicar architecture project to the company GM Daewoo Automotive & Technology. According to Michael Grimaldi, GM Daewoo's CEO and president, the increased demand in Europe and Asia-Pacific for GM's automobiles needs to be...
- GM seeks more suppliers for small cars. Herman, Jack // Automotive News;7/30/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6266, p6
The article reports on the efforts of GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. to seek more suppliers for small cars in the U.S. According to Michael Grimaldi, president of GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co., the company needs suppliers who are capable of not just supplying Korea, but also the global needs...
- GM Daewoo eyes role as EV development center. Greimel, Hans // Automotive News;12/13/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6442, p18
The article informs that Sohn Dongyoun, chief of Research and Development (R and D) of General Motors Corp.(GM), has planned to position GM subsidiary GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Ltd. as the company's center of electric vehicle development.
- Daewoo: GM's small-car big gun. Greimel, Hans // Automotive News;12/13/2010, Vol. 85 Issue 6442, p18
The article offers information on GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Co., subsidiary of General Motors Corp. It tells that the subsidiary company has played an important role in the recovery of General Motors from bankruptcy. It states that presently, the subsidiary-made cars account for about 22...
- Daewoo to relaunch as Chevrolet. Stones, John // Marketing Week;3/18/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that General Motors Corp. (GM) will announce the rebranding of the Daewoo marque as Chevrolet at the Paris motor show in September 2004. GM, the world's largest car manufacturer, has already admitted that wider use of the Chevrolet brand is under consideration. Chevrolet is...