Under The Budget Radar
- CHINA 'ON VERGE OF A LOW-COST REVOLUTION'. // Travel Weekly (UK);12/5/2013, Issue 2197, p68
The article presents views of Jonathan Hutt, deputy general manager for strategic planning of Spring Airlines on the low cost carrier airlines of China.
- SPRING BLOSSOMS. GOVINDASAMY, SIVA // Airline Business;Jun2013, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses the author's conversation with Spring Airlines' chairman Wang Zhenghua. Zhenghua talked about how the low-cost carrier survived the 2008 global financial crisis. He spoke about the airline's legal dispute against some passengers for blacklisting charges in 2012. He also...
- Springing into Success. Cantle, Katie // Air Transport World;Aug2008, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p45
The article focuses on the educational achievement and occupational philosophy of Wang Zhenghua, chairman of low-fare airline Spring Airlines in China. The chairman reveals his appreciation for the intelligence and business strategy of Herb Kelleher, former chairman of Southwest Airlines Co.,...
- Good Fortune. Cantle, Katie // Air Transport World;Feb2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p39
The article focuses on the success of Spring Airlines as the most profitable low-cost carrier (LCC) in China. Topics include the launch of LCC by Spring Airlines chairman Wang Zhenghua in 2004, the marketing rules and catering to the changing market needs that driven Spring Airlines'...
- Spring Airlines Will Add Flights From Hong Kong To China. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;1/7/2013, p18
The article reports on the service expansion of Spring Airlines between mainland China and Hong Kong, saying that the airline has opened four direct routes to Hong Kong from Hangzhou, Xiamen, Nanjing and Chongqing.
- Flat market for business aircraft. Aboulafia, Richard // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/13/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p79
Opinion. Focuses on the outlook for the business aircraft market. The market as flat for over three years, as of January 1997; Number of business jet deliveries in 1993, 1994, and 1995; Why manufacturers are not overly optimistic; Expectation that there will be some growth; The business market...
- Bizav sales see strong first half. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/11/1997, Vol. 147 Issue 6, p25
Focuses on sales of business jets during the first half of 1997. Deliveries up more than 40 percent in the first half; Sales expected to remain strong for several more years; Number of business jets delivered; Factors fueling the increase.
- Utilization Rates Impacting Residual Value Calculations. // Aircraft Value News;11/30/2015, p2
The article focuses on the impact of aircraft utilization rates on the calculations in residual value, potentially shortening aircraft's life and accelerating annual depreciation.
- 50 Seat Market Continues Battle to Remain Viable. // Aircraft Value News;11/30/2015, p4
The article focuses on the battle of the 50 seat regional jet, which was designed in the late 1980s and early 1990s, continues to compete for a space in the used market.