Quality Is A Must
- Tragedy Tests Technology. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Oct2001, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p4
Reports the increased call volumes in cellular networks related to the terrorist attacks in United States. Method used by wireless operators in dealing with network congestion; Advantages of cellular phones in lessening the degree of panic; Relief efforts of telecommunications companies.
- Total service assurance for the wireless market. Pierce, Daniel // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p52
Comments on service assurances of wireless providers for customers in the United States. Strategy for maintaining and improving network reliability; Dependency of wireless service to landline circuits; Implementation of strategy for supplier management based on service assurance software...
- The Value-Add Appeal. Chaffee, Maggie // Wireless Review;09/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p92
Discusses the marketing of enhanced or value-added services from the wireless communications industry in the United States. Introduction of the benefits to customers; Consideration on the interest of existing customers; Discussion on the services' appeal and success.
- Overcoming Data's 'Slow Stigma.'. Eggleston, C. Hunt // Wireless Week;02/21/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p81
Deals with customer satisfaction in the wireless communication industry. Factors that contribute to problems in customer services; Solutions.
- Preparing For Portability. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;9/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p20
Discusses the challenges facing wireless communications carriers in the U.S. with the availability of U.S. Federal Communications Commision-mandated local number portability (LPN) service to consumers by November 24, 2003. Projections of several groups regarding LNP; Efforts made by most...
- The Silence That Isn't Golden. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;11/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5
Editorial. Comments on the services of wireless phone providers. How wireless phone providers regarded customers.
- A Holistic View of Customers. Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;10/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p24
Reports that wireless carriers are seeking a holistic picture of their customers to offer better customer care and retain high-value customers. Definition of convergence; Efforts of carriers to retain their customers. INSET: Benchmark results, by Joe Lo.
- The Ties That Bind. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;10/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p38
Provides information on the bundling of services in the wireless communications industry. Sample of bundling of services; Why bundling is attractive to carriers; Advantages of bundling.
- Carriers Perform Balancing Act. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p28
Discusses the amount spent by wireless communication system providers in the United States to attract subscribers to its services. Average amount spent by wireless providers to attract customers; Need for wireless providers to balance their expenditures in attracting subscribers and their...
- Central Intelligence. Kridel, Tim // Wireless Review;12/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p48
Focuses on customer services of telecommunications industry related to wireless communication systems. Where high-quality service starts; Benefit of going digital; Information that can be obtained from digital networks; WIN services. INSET: Human resources.