Metrocall Continues To Pursue PageNet
- Metrocall Vies For PageNet. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;07/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the bid of Metrocall Inc. to acquire PageNet despite the merger talks between PageNet and Arch Communications Group Inc. Value of Metrocall's bid; Decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the Arch-PageNet deal; Financial problems of PageNet.
- Arch, PageNet merger leaves questions. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p12
Reports on the issues related to the proposed merger between PageNet Inc. and Arch Communications Group Inc. Impact on the paging services industry in the United States; Effects on the companies' debt load and annual expenses; Concerns on how the merger might affect the carriers' distribution...
- PageNet Grabs Lifeline. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p1
Discusses the consolidation of PageNet and Arch Communications Group Inc. Reason for PageNet's decision to merge with Arch; Analysis of PageNet's 1999 third quarter results; Terms of the merger.
- Getting Respect For ReFLEX. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the mission of Ed Baker, chief executive officer of Arch Communications Group Inc. to extol the virtues of the ReFLEX 25 network with its pending acquisition of PageNet. Competitors of the company; Estimated annual net revenues; Coverage of the combined network; Rate of the Arch data.
- PageNet Canada Strong, Apart From Merger. Careless, James // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p19
Deals with the decision of PageNet Canada to retain its status quo after the merger between its parent company, PageNet, and Arch Communications Group Inc. Reasons for maintaining PageNet Canada's status quo; Condition of Canada's paging industry; Status of PageNet Canada's paging penetration rate.
- Arch, MobileMedia make it formal. Bruno, Anthony // RCR;08/24/98, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p3
Focuses on the proposed merger of Arch Communciations Group Inc. and MobileMedia Corporation, which was announced in August 1998. Significance of the merger; Value and terms of the transaction; Benefits of the transaction to the two telecommunication companies; Response of the telecommunication...
- Arch, MobileMedia close to merger deal. // RCR;08/17/98, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p3
Reports that Arch Communications Group Inc. and MobileMedia Communications Inc. are close to a merger agreement. When Arch filed an 8-K form with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission; Statistics on subscribers in a combined MobileMedia/Arch; When Mobile filed for Chapter 11...
- MobileMedia disclosure statement approved by bankruptcy court. // RCR;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p8
Reports that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware has approved MobileMedia Corp.'s disclosure statement, thereby allowing to company to go ahead with its plan to merger with Arch Communications Group Inc.
- Arch/PageNet merger gets Justice clearance. // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the United States Department of Justice antitrust division's issuance of clearance to Arch Communications Group Inc.'s pending merger with Paging Network Inc.