SyncML: Speaking Data's Special Language
- Assessing the Usability of Human-Computer Interfaces. Lindquist, Timothy E. // IEEE Software;Jan85, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p74
Focuses on the dialogue structure of human-to-system interfaces in naming conventions in command languages of software in United States. Citations on the components of human-computer interface; Details on the specification of the interface components; Presentation on samples of dialogue structure.
- Ada-Based Support for Programming-in-the-large. Wolf, Alexander L.; Wileden, Jack C. // IEEE Software;Mar85, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p58
Describes the contribution of the Ada programming language for programming-in-the-large. Definition of modularization and interface control; Need for life-cycle support; Importance of precise interface control.
- IT Asked and Answered. Blass, Steve // Network World;12/1/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p24
The article provides an answer to a question about the use of marker interface.
- INTEGRACIï¿½N DE COMPONENTES COM DE MATLAB/SIMULINK EN EL ENTORNO CASE XBDK, PARA EL MODELADO DE SISTEMAS DE CONFORMACIï¿½N DE HAZ. Raboso Mateos, Mariano; Izquierdo Fuente, Alberto; J. Villacorta Calvo, Juan; Del Val Puente, Lara; Isabel Jim�nez G�mez, Ma. // INGENIARE - Revista Chilena de Ingenierï¿½a;ene-abr2009, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p129
This paper describes Matlab access within the XBDK (XML-Based Beamforming Development Kit) platform. A well-known script language named Tcl/Tk has been used to perform Matlab COM interfacing, a powerful and little known mechanism, provided by Matlab Automation Server Automation processing or...
- Talk to Your Semantic Web. Thompson, Craig W.; Pazandak, Paul; Tennant, Harry R. // IEEE Internet Computing;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p75
This article focuses on LingoLogic, an interface technology that uses menus to specific natural language queries and commands in order to combat the habitability problem. LingoLogic technology uses standard natural language interface technology in a directed completion-based way to restrict the...
- Art and the avatar: the kritical works in SL project. Doyle, Denise // International Journal of Performance Arts & Digital Media;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2/3, p137
As 3D Online Virtual Worlds begin to assume a sense of presence in real terms, there is a growing interest amongst the wider international artistic community in Second Life (SL) as a platform to develop creative practice. A number of artists and designers have continued, for some time, to...
- SYSTEM BUILDERS PRIME THE MARKET FOR SAS. Kovar, Joseph F. // CRN;3/13/2006 Supplement, p20
The article reports on the difficulty faced by the system builders on how to educate customers regarding the developments in the hard drive technology business. It focuses on the advantages of SAS over Ultra320 which has the last specification for parallel SCSI. It also offers some factors which...
- From turtles to Tangible Programming Bricks: explorations in physical language design. McNerney, Timothy S. // Personal & Ubiquitous Computing;Sep2004, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p326
This article provides a historical overview of educational computing research at MIT from the mid-1960s to the present day, focusing on physical interfaces. It discusses some of the results of this research: electronic toys that help children develop advanced modes of thinking through free-form...
- Four Reasoning Models for C3 Metamodel. Amirat, A.; Oussalah, M. // International Review on Computers & Software;Nov2007, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p594
The architecture is considered to be the driving aspect of the development process; it allows specifying which aspects and models in each level needed according to the software architecture design. Early Architecture Description Languages (ADLs), nearly exclusive, focus on structural abstraction...